IGNORED

Atari v Commodore

stevelanc

Also it should be noted the XL/XE series came after the C64. So for the time, and for what computer the C64 was meant to compete against, the only comparison was 400/800 style vs C64 breadbox style.

And let us be very clear: Forget about the XL or XE. The Atari 800 looks better, is built better, and is more reliable than the brown breadbox Commodore 64.

my c64 looks better, built better and is more reliable. you turn :) :P

For now, you simply use speed feature of, for example, Atari800Win, pressing F7. The action is like in original.

So that's what it has come down too. Using the fast mode of an emulator to validate perfomance results. :ponder:

and yes the c64 can emulate anything the a8 can. why do you think it cant? :) they use the same cpu, so porting over the code is no problem.

no :-) c64 cant emulate anything a8 can, because of antic :-) cpu is not so important, dont belive? try heh.

:thumbsup:

Oswald obviously deny everything what is good on A8. He doesn't accept the true there is a machine which makes such marvelous thiings. I think he hopes to convert some A8 people to ressurect to C64 people. NO GO!

My Atari came upholstered in genuine Corinthian leather and smelled like potpourri.

The first C64 I got smelled like cat pee and was covered in a skin-eating fungus.

Kidding aside, the third C64 we got smelled like mold and the box had mildew on it. This was new in 1983! We took the unit anyway becuse it was either that , or wait for the next shipment that was weeks out. Ironically, it was that 3rd C64 that worked and I think it's still around here. And the heat of operating it for days on end burned out any odor. Maybe our first two DOA machines were not moldy enough?

sure it can. if a8 is allowed emulate speccy so that it only displays 2 (two) colors, then the c64 can do similar "stunts".

Give Oswald some colours and he is happy. Alike how crap anything else is.

and thats coming from someone who cant get off "his" 128 colors, even when he can hardly display them :) please stop with the personals emkay. ty.

and yes the c64 can emulate anything the a8 can. why do you think it cant? :) they use the same cpu, so porting over the code is no problem.

no :-) c64 cant emulate anything a8 can, because of antic :-) cpu is not so important, dont belive? try heh.

sure it can. if a8 is allowed emulate speccy so that it only displays 2 (two) colors, then the c64 can do similar "stunts".

no, cant :-) c64 havent videoprocesor so main cpu must translate videoram zx/apple2 on atari antic do it on the fly. so emulation on c64 will be 10? x slower than on a8.

Kidding aside, the third C64 we got smelled like mold and the box had mildew on it. This was new in 1983! We took the unit anyway becuse it was either that , or wait for the next shipment that was weeks out. Ironically, it was that 3rd C64 that worked and I think it's still around here. And the heat of operating it for days on end burned out any odor. Maybe our first two DOA machines were not moldy enough?

Perhaps 1983 is your problem. Most C64 owners got their C64 much later (1986++) and at that time there was not a single quality issue. The only way people could accidentally kill a C64 is touching the joyports with a statically loaded finger while turning the C64 on (power switch was next to the joyports). Could be prevented by always having a joystick connected.

For now, you simply use speed feature of, for example, Atari800Win, pressing F7. The action is like in original.

So that's what it has come down too. Using the fast mode of an emulator to validate perfomance results. :ponder:

It is just a feature.

Also it should be noted the XL/XE series came after the C64. So for the time, and for what computer the C64 was meant to compete against, the only comparison was 400/800 style vs C64 breadbox style.

And let us be very clear: Forget about the XL or XE. The Atari 800 looks better, is built better, and is more reliable than the brown breadbox Commodore 64.

my c64 looks better, built better and is more reliable. you turn :) :P

You gutted an Atari 800 and stuck a C64DTV into it?

Oswald...you really should read the polish Atari Wiki and the forums at Atariarea... sad in polish but then you know that Antic is the key here... ;)

maybe you should explain, I dont speak polish. also there's nothing the speccy does gfx wise the c64 cant do.. well except 8 colors :D so if antic can only do 2 colors what on earth the c64 should do? it can display 8 of the speccy's color and every pixel accurately. its more precise than a8's emulation of speccy's gfx.

no, cant :-) c64 havent videoprocesor so main cpu must translate videoram zx/apple2 on atari antic do it on the fly. so emulation on c64 will be 10? x slower than on a8.

and ?! it can do it. hello ?! :roll:

Perhaps 1983 is your problem. Most C64 owners got their C64 much later (1986++) and at that time there was not a single quality issue. The only way people could accidentally kill a C64 is touching the joyports with a statically loaded finger while turning the C64 on (power switch was next to the joyports). Could be prevented by always having a joystick connected.

*Sigh*

Since the best sales figures available show about 55% of the C64 models being produced prior to 1987, haven’t we already established that most C64s by definition had to have been from this time?

I'm not from whatever country you come from where the C64 magically arrived in 1987 with spotless reliability and magical super aligned disk drives! We didn’t have your 20:1 64C to C64 sales over in Commodore’s home turf.

also there's nothing the speccy does gfx wise the c64 cant do.. well except 8 colors :D so if antic can only do 2 colors what on earth the c64 should do? it can display 8 of the speccy's color and every pixel accurately. its more precise than a8's emulation of speccy's gfx.

Well, it is more precise, ok, but... Who want to have an action on the screen of null speed. Static action?

It is just a feature.

its the biggest bullshit in this thread so far. comparing a max speed a8 emu to c64's original speed. you should be deeply ashamed.

also there's nothing the speccy does gfx wise the c64 cant do.. well except 8 colors :D so if antic can only do 2 colors what on earth the c64 should do? it can display 8 of the speccy's color and every pixel accurately. its more precise than a8's emulation of speccy's gfx.

Well, it is more precise, ok, but... Who want to have an action on the screen of null speed. Static action?

you atarians. the happy times you will play cpc, apple, bbc and speccy games on the a8 :D they are near!

It is just a feature.

its the biggest bullshit in this thread so far. comparing a max speed a8 emu to c64's original speed. you should be deeply ashamed.

It was just a comment. Comparing these machines in emulating Speeccy in real speed (with virtual C64 non existing emulator)... Guess which machine is faster.

Edited by Gury

Since the best sales figures available show about 55% of the C64 models being produced prior to 1987, haven’t we already established that most C64s by definition had to have been from this time?

I'm not from whatever country you come from where the C64 magically arrived in 1987 with spotless reliability and magical super aligned disk drives! We didn’t have your 20:1 64C to C64 sales over in Commodore’s home turf.

I have never had quality problems with the c64, and never heard anyone having quality problems with commodore products. and this is not a bullshit. you can stop with this now. oh and I got my 64 in 86.

maybe you should explain, I dont speak polish. also there's nothing the speccy does gfx wise the c64 cant do.. well except 8 colors :D so if antic can only do 2 colors what on earth the c64 should do? it can display 8 of the speccy's color and every pixel accurately. its more precise than a8's emulation of speccy's gfx.

My take on it is that the A8 can display the screen the way Spectrum software draws it, and it would have to be manually reordered for proper display on the C64.

No we haven't. C64 was produced til 1994, and in 1986 the C64 just started to start.

The magical disk drive is called 1541-II. And my experience is: People pick up that "misaligned drive" bullshit whenever they don't know what the issue is.

It was just a comment. Comparing these machines in emulating Speeccy in real speed (with virtual C64 non existing emulator)... Guess which machine is faster.

if both machines are emulating speccy in real speed, then they are equally fast.

No, 1.77Mhz - 1MHz issue

you atarians. the happy times you will play cpc, apple, bbc and speccy games on the a8 :D they are near!

And C64

yeah, cant wait to see the c64 emulation, which will not be a "null speed, static game", but an awesome demonstration of speed and colors and sound :D

And C64

yeah, cant wait to see the c64 emulation, which will not be a "null speed, static game", but an awesome demonstration of speed and colors and sound :D

Yeah, right. Dream on!