IGNORED

JAGUAR-HSC - Checkered Flag - Various Times - 1st Place_lNFERNO

doctorclu

Almost as infamous as Double Dragon, you have Checkered Flag. But there are those that say this game can be enjoyable, so here we are on how to enjoy this game.

So how should we score this, and what is the best way to enjoy this game.

Fastest 1-lap times achieved in Tournament or Single Race:

______________KevinCal (AA)____Jakenut86 (AA)___lNFERNO (AA)

Green Valley______0:28:8__________0:33:6________0:26:9

River Mouth_______0:24:3__________0:24:3________0:22:2

Desert Pass_______0:33:1__________0:31:8________0:27:9

Deep Wood________0:29:8_________0:27:3________0:23:2

The Hole__________0:26:9_________0:26:6________0:20:0

Island Hop________0:31:4__________0:29:4________0:26:6

The Gorge_________0:24:0_________0:23:9________0:19:9

Concrete Canyon____0:29:2_________0:28:9________0:22:0

Sunset Strip_______0:22:8__________0:22:9_______0:19:6

Arctic Run_________0:27:4_________0:27:2________0:25:7

Top Tournament Scores

lNFERNO (AA) - 60 - 55:55:2

Otaku (AA) - Survived Checkered Flag for 5 minutes!

RoadRunner - My fastest lap times - single race. I did 7 lap races with 3 drones.

Green Valley 0:37:4

River Mouth 0:25:9

Desert Pass 0:38:2

Deep Wood 0:29:8

The Hole 0:30:3

Island Hop 0:35:5

The Gorge 0:31:1

Concrete Canyon - i wasn't able to race this track. The track didn't load up, i just got a black screen.

Sunset Strip 0:31:2

Arctic Run 0:33:7 - i had to do a 4 lap race, at the beginning of lap 6 of a 7 lap race the picture locked up.

Tournament Mode

I stopped after the 5th race. I won race 1, 2, and 4. I finished 2nd in race 3 and race 5.

I added up the total laps for the first 5 races - 61

My total points was 28

Edited by kevincal

Easy. :) Use the camara furthest away/up. To turn the car, TAP left and right, NEVER hold left or right down because you just turn sharply right into the wall. Also you can't just hold the gas down the whole time. When you see a corner coming up, LET OFF a bit. ;) Makes the game easier to control.

So basically I think we just need to pick a track, or tracks and do time trials. With everyone using the same options (tires, wing settings, weather etc.) Or use our times from actual racing. Time trials I guess would be more accurate of our true skills though. ;)

Easy. :) Use the camara furthest away/up. To turn the car, TAP left and right, NEVER hold left or right down because you just turn sharply right into the wall. Also you can't just hold the gas down the whole time. When you see a corner coming up, LET OFF a bit. ;) Makes the game easier to control.

So basically I think we just need to pick a track, or tracks and do time trials. With everyone using the same options (tires, wing settings, weather etc.) Or use our times from actual racing. Time trials I guess would be more accurate of our true skills though. ;)

Ok, come up with a basic setup and track and we'll go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Green Valley - 0:28:8

River Mouth - 0:24:3

Desert Pass - 0:33:1

Deep Wood - 0:29:8

The Hole - 0:26:9

Island Hop - 0:31:4

The Gorge - 0:24:0

Concrete Canyon - 0:29:2

Sunset Strip - 0:22:8

Arctic Run - 0:27:4

Best Tournament Time - 68:20:2 ~ Score - 57

Green Valley - 0:33:6

River Mouth - 0:24:3

Desert Pass - 0:31:8

Deep Wood - 0:27:3

The Hole - 0:26:6

Island Hop - 0:29:4

The Gorge - 0:23:9

Concrete Canyon - 0:28:9

Sunset Strip - 0:22:9

Arctic Run - 0:27:2

Best Tournament Time - ~ Score -

Just got this game and I gotta say I'm having fun trying to bet Kevin's times.

Edited by Jakenut86

Ya, the game isn't so bad when using one of the far-away camera views. :) I think I've found the button # 5 on the keypad view is about the best. :) The cameras low to the ground though...ugh. Almost impossible to play like that!

Oh and here are some tips! :D You have 2 choices for the wing setting, high and low. Well it actually does make a big difference. :) With the low wing, you can reach speeds of over 200 mph. With the high wing, you can only reach a top speed of something like 175 mph, or about 30 mph slower than with the high wing... ALTHOUGH the car has better control with the high wing...

Edited by kevincal

Sweet. :) Ya I don't think this game is near as bad as it's made out to be. Just takes some getting used to with the "Strange" controls and all. I mean it's still a mediocre racing game... Just not "unplayable" which a lot of people say. Oh here are some more tips.

Take off the track map altogether or atleast set it to "static" so it's not constantly moving when you're racing. It's quite distracting and really, you can't really look at it while you are racing cus you'll crash. The game is so fast that you need to be paying attention to the road 100% of the time! That's one thing about the not-so-great frame rate, it gives the game a great sense of high speed. :) Another thing that seemd to help me, try to focus on staying in the middle of the track. I guess that's kind of a no brainer though huh lol.

Sweet. :) Ya I don't think this game is near as bad as it's made out to be. Just takes some getting used to with the "Strange" controls and all. I mean it's still a mediocre racing game... Just not "unplayable" which a lot of people say. Oh here are some more tips.

Take off the track map altogether or atleast set it to "static" so it's not constantly moving when you're racing. It's quite distracting and really, you can't really look at it while you are racing cus you'll crash. The game is so fast that you need to be paying attention to the road 100% of the time! That's one thing about the not-so-great frame rate, it gives the game a great sense of high speed. :) Another thing that seemd to help me, try to focus on staying in the middle of the track. I guess that's kind of a no brainer though huh lol.

Just got rid of the map and noticed the game has cruise control :-o Who would ever use that? Any ways bet The Gorge time :D

Edit: Also beat the Island Hop time :-D definitely easier with the map off!

Edited by Jakenut86

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My times are with 60Hz console mode if I changed the Jaguar to 50Hz the times change it at fit to the new jaguar clock; show bad times but in esence is the same (equivalent) this is important for people plays at 50Hz.

Edited by lNFERNO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My fastest lap times - single race. I did 7 lap races with 3 drones.

Green Valley 0:37:4

River Mouth 0:25:9

Desert Pass 0:38:2

Deep Wood 0:29:8

The Hole 0:30:3

Island Hop 0:35:5

The Gorge 0:31:1

Concrete Canyon - i wasn't able to race this track. The track didn't load up, i just got a black screen.

Sunset Strip 0:31:2

Arctic Run 0:33:7 - i had to do a 4 lap race, at the beginning of lap 6 of a 7 lap race the picture locked up.

Tournament Mode

I stopped after the 5th race. I won race 1, 2, and 4. I finished 2nd in race 3 and race 5.

I added up the total laps for the first 5 races - 61

My total points was 28