IGNORED

Lexus of Seattle - December to Remember 2008

colecomaniac

I was point out to Nathan that was more obvious to see the change from 6->4 by watching the high-quality version of the video. I would have thought that was made that clear in my reply to you by stating that I had to watch it (the low quality version) a few times to see the change. Since you didn't seem to comprehend that, I thought maybe you were questioning my use of the word "obvious".

I need more definitions, pleeeze. Last post for you I do not have the energy to trade arguements with you. Just wanted to know what you meant, thats all, no need for chickenshit smart-ass answers.

The way I see it (...or choose to see it), the only chance you have to challenge your very first Atari VCS as the BEST GIFT EVER, is to compare it to a $40,000 luxury sedan. But seriously, who's getting a $40,000 luxury sedan as a gift? So to take it a step further, there is NOTHING that can possibly hope to compete with the experience of getting an Atari VCS for Christmas. Your only hope for consolation, is to attempt to evoke a similar emotion, by leasing a $40,000 luxury sedan for $349 a month (...after coming up with the $3,529 due at signing) as a "gift" to yourself.

This commercial is of particular interest to me, because our family-gift for the Christmas of 1977 was a Heavy Sixer, shared between myself and my three brothers. Our parents ordered it through a catalog, and when it arrived, it was wrapped up and put under the tree. One of my brothers and I found ourselves home alone a few days before Christmas, and thought it would probably be a good idea to "test it", prior to the big moment of opening it on Christmas day... ...after all, we wouldn't want to spoil Christmas by finding out that moment that we had a faulty unit (...save that experience for a few years later, when families were opening up their Coleco Adam computers...).

We carefully undid the tape on the wrapping paper, opened up the box, took out all of the components, set it up, and enjoyed a few rounds of Combat. Then we put everything back just as we'd found it, wrapped it back up, and no one was the wiser. I'm sorry, I don't think even driving a Lexus could compete with those memories...

Cool! :thumbsup: Although it looks like his six-switch changes into a four-switch by the time he gets it hooked up to his TV ;) (tough to see though - could just be due to the quality of the video).

It's quite obvious if you click the watch in high quality link just below the video.

UH, what exactly is obvious? I still see 6 switcher then I see the 4 switch model. What exactly am I missing?

The point of his post, obviously. He noted that it looked like that to him, although he admitted it COULD have been the quality of the video playing tricks on the eye.

Edit: Or, depending on whom you are refering, it could be that the respondant with the high quality video was proving the point, that it really WAS a switcheroo(pun intended).

;)

Edited by [d2f]Iggy*SJB

Cool! :thumbsup: Although it looks like his six-switch changes into a four-switch by the time he gets it hooked up to his TV ;) (tough to see though - could just be due to the quality of the video).

It's quite obvious if you click the watch in high quality link just below the video.

UH, what exactly is obvious? I still see 6 switcher then I see the 4 switch model. What exactly am I missing?

The point of his post, obviously. He noted that it looked like that to him, although he admitted it COULD have been the quality of the video playing tricks on the eye.

Edit: Or, depending on whom you are refering, it could be that the respondant with the high quality video was proving the point, that it really WAS a switcheroo(pun intended).

;)

Got it Got it Got it. Jesus, I GOT IT. C'mon, I need more people to explain it to me. If you don't I might forget. What a silly thread. Read my post and see that I THOUGHT that he/she saw something other than the switching of the console. Am I clear? If not you should probably post at the ACS board.

Got it Got it Got it. Jesus, I GOT IT. C'mon, I need more people to explain it to me. If you don't I might forget. What a silly thread. Read my post and see that I THOUGHT that he/she saw something other than the switching of the console. Am I clear? If not you should probably post at the ACS board.

Hey guys! What's goings on here? What's cougar talking about? I'd like someone to rehash the entire argument. What's obvious again? :D

Hey guys! What's goings on here? What's cougar talking about? I'd like someone to rehash the entire argument. What's obvious again? :D

Pretty good tvc. I actually had to laugh, but I think it WOULD be best if we delve into this great arguement at least 3 or17 more times.

Just saw this commercial on TV this evening and thought readers on this forum would enjoy. Boy does it bring back memories when Santa brought our family an Atari VCS for Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xeWWtZwgN8

Saw this commercial around 8:30 this evening. I couldn't believe Lexus actually used the 2600 in their car commercial. I reminded my wife that the 2600 was the big thing in the early '80's. What was the connection between Lexus and the 2600 other than the fact they both are classics?

Just saw this commercial on TV this evening and thought readers on this forum would enjoy. Boy does it bring back memories when Santa brought our family an Atari VCS for Christmas.

Saw this commercial around 8:30 this evening. I couldn't believe Lexus actually used the 2600 in their car commercial. I reminded my wife that the 2600 was the big thing in the early '80's. What was the connection between Lexus and the 2600 other than the fact they both are classics?

Nothing... just that the Christmas the kid got his Atari was the "best Christmas ever...", UNTIL that is, he got a Lexus for Christmas! Get it?

They just played the Lexus ad again during Law and Order SVU cool ad regardless of the flaws

I ignored this thread because I thought it was about something else. Lexus commercial starring the Atari 2600 might have been a better title. I just got around to watching Law and Order: SVU and saw an Atari 2600 while fast forwarding, so I went back and watched the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xeWWtZwgN8&fmt=18

Even if they are kind of putting down the Atari 2600 in a way (it was the greatest when you were a kid, but the greatest thing now that you are an adult is a generic looking car), it's still great to see it out there for millions to see again.

Even if they are kind of putting down the Atari 2600 in a way (it was the greatest when you were a kid, but the greatest thing now that you are an adult is a generic looking car), it's still great to see it out there for millions to see again.

I don't see it like they're putting down the 2600 in any way. It took like 30 or so years to top that best childhood Christmas ever. Nothing else even compares. And, let's face it, to most adults, a new expensive car is going to top an old console game, even if up until then, it was the most memorable Christmas gift. I think it's a great commercial, well-done, and I'm still not going to buy a Lexus, even if I could afford one.

(Also notice the robot with the sword on the left, LOL!)

Edited by Mirage1972

Nothing... just that the Christmas the kid got his Atari was the "best Christmas ever...", UNTIL that is, he got a Lexus for Christmas! Get it?

Yes, I get it. The Big Wheel version has better continuity, though. He goes from riding the Big Wheel to seeing the Lexus in the drive way. I remember some of my nephews and nieces getting the 2600 for Christmas in the early '80's and they were really excited then. I hope other manufacturer's will consider using Atari in their promotions. Maybe Lexus should give Flashbacks away to buyers as a tie-in with this promotion.

Very cute.

What, you didn't have at least TWO back in the day? :D

Too bad they picked Centipede instead of a true 2600 classic, tho.

Yes, I get it. The Big Wheel version has better continuity, though. He goes from riding the Big Wheel to seeing the Lexus in the drive way. I remember some of my nephews and nieces getting the 2600 for Christmas in the early '80's and they were really excited then. I hope other manufacturer's will consider using Atari in their promotions. Maybe Lexus should give Flashbacks away to buyers as a tie-in with this promotion.

Just to be clear, by "Get it?", I wasn't trying to be snarky... was just legitimately asking if my explanation was good enough since I thought you were really asking what the connection was.

Yeah, the kid doing the commercial was probably thinking how archaic the thing was. I can just see the director saying "hey, look enthusiastic, like you actually think that thing is cool, okay?!"

Yeah, the kid doing the commercial was probably thinking how archaic the thing was. I can just see the director saying "hey, look enthusiastic, like you actually think that thing is cool, okay?!"

"Pretend it's an Xbox 360 that will last more than 6 months before it explodes."

"Pretend it's an Xbox 360 that will last more than 6 months before it explodes."

LOL! And true, what a contrast eh? 30 years and going strong vs. 6 months and back to Microsoft.

Just to be clear, by "Get it?", I wasn't trying to be snarky... was just legitimately asking if my explanation was good enough since I thought you were really asking what the connection was.

I never thought that at all. Is the 2600 and Big Wheel commercial footage originally from the '80's? If so, does anyone know where on the web we could see other Atari TV spot commercials from the '80's?

I never thought that at all. Is the 2600 and Big Wheel commercial footage originally from the '80's? If so, does anyone know where on the web we could see other Atari TV spot commercials from the '80's?

Just go on youtube. They have alot of old Atari commercials. Very cool stuff to see.

Commercial, shommercial. . . I remember that Christmas fondly. :D

;)

The kid in that commercial is probably thinking, "What is THIS piece of CRAP?!?"

:D

You got that right!

-----------------------------------

I've always thought that these snotnose "Christmas Car Gift" commercials weren't in the best of taste but now they've got some balls to show them when many millions of Americans are having difficulty in finding a way to feed themselves and their families. Besides, i'd take my Honda Prelude over a Lexus anyday :twisted: