IGNORED

Atari 7800 HSC reloaded Round 5 " Donkey Kong "

darthkur

1181242103207.jpg

s_DonkeyKong_2.png

What's a plumber to do? Poor Mario just can't seem to get a break. He goes out of his way to create a perfect evening for him and his lovely girlfriend, Pauline, replete with fine food, soft music and candlelight. Then comes the mischievous monkey, Donkey Kong, crashing in, breaking the perfect mood and absconds with the fair damsel. Therefore your mission is to assist Mario in recapturing his lost love. Avoid the tumbling barrels that DK hurls down the slanting girders, sidestep his fiery minions and overcome other harmful obstacles to be victorious over his sly, simian antagonist.

Emulators are fine as is whatever controller you feel the most comfortable with. Screenshots are great but not mandatory.

Settings: Standard (default)

Contest ends on: 12-8-08 at 1:00am EST.

Current High Scores:

1st: Sauron - 119,400

2nd: Atarifever - 100,500

3rd: famicommander - 87,400

4th: atomickneedrop - 85,300

5th: HammR25 - 80,100

6th: suaiden - 76,300

7th: darthkur - 63,500

8th: gdement - 56,400

9th: Almost Rice - 54,000

Current Standings:

1st - Darthkur (30)

2nd - suaiden (26) (1)

3rd - gdement (24)

4th - AtariFever (23)

4th - HammR25 (23)

5th - rockman_x_2002 (18) (1)

6th - doctorclu (12)

7th - keitaro (11) (1)

7th - ratfink (11) (1)

8th - Allan (10)

8th - Sauron (10)

9th - atomickneedrop (9)

9th - famicommander (9)

10th - LaserHawk (7)

11th - Almost Rice (6)

12th - Artlover (4)

12th - bfutrel (4)

12th - LarcenTyler (4)

12th - shadow460 (4)

12th - Zoyx (4)

Numbers in RED are accumulated points. Numbers in BLUE are number of rounds won.

Edited by darthkur

I'm not willing to give out my low scores yet, but I've learned a couple tricks so far playing around the first few boards. I didn't think I'd do any good at this one, but I think I might be able to give a reasonable score by Friday. :)

If there's one thing this is teaching me, it's that I've been right saying the hate for this version of the game is overblown. It ain't perfect, but it's still awesome.

Edited by Atarifever

Getting killed on the ladder? Harsh. You'd have the high score if you had made it to the top.

lol, didn't even think about that. That was my first time on that level with the bouncy thing going that fast so I wasn't sure how to time it. Looks like I guessed wrong.