IGNORED

Anyone having problems connecting?

EarthQuake

Speaking of not being able to connect to a site, I still can't get to erasmatazz.com:

tracert erasmatazz.com

1 21 ms 8 ms 8 ms 10.96.128.1

2 10 ms 8 ms 14 ms gig0-3.gnboncash-ubr1.triad.rr.com [24.28.228.133]

3 10 ms 15 ms 9 ms gig2-2.gnboncash-rtr1.triad.rr.com [24.28.229.245]

4 13 ms 12 ms 10 ms srp14-0.gnboncsg-rtr2.triad.rr.com [24.28.224.194]

5 14 ms 15 ms 17 ms ge-3-1-0.chrlncpop-rtr1.southeast.rr.com [24.93.64.162]

6 15 ms 13 ms 15 ms te-3-1.car1.Charlotte1.Level3.net [4.71.124.17]

7 19 ms 35 ms 36 ms ae-4-4.ebr1.Atlanta2.Level3.net [4.69.132.162]

8 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms ae-73-70.ebr3.Atlanta2.Level3.net [4.69.138.20]

9 49 ms 51 ms 42 ms ae-7.ebr3.Dallas1.Level3.net [4.69.134.21]

10 69 ms 70 ms 72 ms ae-3.ebr2.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.132.77]

11 74 ms 70 ms 72 ms ae-62-62.csw1.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.137.18]

12 92 ms 72 ms 73 ms ae-63-63.ebr3.LosAngeles1.Level3.net [4.69.137.33]

13 82 ms 86 ms 87 ms ae-2.ebr3.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.69.132.9]

14 89 ms 91 ms 88 ms ae-73-73.csw2.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.69.134.230]

15 78 ms 80 ms 78 ms ae-24-79.car4.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.68.18.70]

16 82 ms 86 ms 78 ms PEER-1-NETW.car4.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.71.114.50]

17 * * * Request timed out.

18 91 ms 81 ms 82 ms 65.39.248.100

19 90 ms 96 ms 103 ms 207.5.2.62.ded.mainstreet.net [207.5.2.62]

20 82 ms 87 ms 84 ms 209.237.1.74

21 84 ms 92 ms 86 ms 209.237.1.102

22 88 ms 83 ms 81 ms web.hypersurf.com [209.237.0.15]

Trace complete.

Am I really the only person using the Internet who can no longer get to erasmatazz.com?

Speaking of not being able to connect to a site, I still can't get to erasmatazz.com:

Am I really the only person using the Internet who can no longer get to erasmatazz.com?

I just connected right away, no problems or delays.

Tracert is exactly the same.

You're able to reach the last step, so it looks like the problem is on your end regarding this one.

I just connected right away, no problems or delays.

Tracert is exactly the same.

You're able to reach the last step, so it looks like the problem is on your end regarding this one.

Thanks. It must be another DNS server problem. I just used a proxy and the site comes up using that. I'm not going to try to fix it since it will probably screw up my connection to AtariAge.

Does anyone have a favorite, trusted proxy?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The problem seems to be getting really bad as of late. For several weeks now, it's seems to be damn near every 20 minutes.

The annoying thing is it's only the forums, not the main site. So it's not even possible to actually do a propper ping/tracert.

The problem seems to be getting really bad as of late. For several weeks now, it's seems to be damn near every 20 minutes.

The annoying thing is it's only the forums, not the main site. So it's not even possible to actually do a propper ping/tracert.

ive timed out quite a few times in the past 2 weeks. but when i visit any other website for 2 seconds then come here right after it seems to come up

• 2 months later...

Still happening, and I've managed to run a full tracert during a couple of outtages, and they complete just fine. So it doesn't even seem to be an issue of broken connections anywhere but rather that the server simply isn't serving at the time. :ponder:

Still happening, and I've managed to run a full tracert during a couple of outtages, and they complete just fine. So it doesn't even seem to be an issue of broken connections anywhere but rather that the server simply isn't serving at the time. :ponder:

Well, the past two days the server has been down several times for an hour or more:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=146256

Not completely resolved yet, probably I will have to lease a new server and move the site over to it. Blech.

..Al

Hey, RT, you ever try this?

http://www.opendns.com/

Nope, and it's taking a thousand years for it to load, so I guess I'll never know what it is. :D

Ya know...

I did try it as a matter of fact for a couple of months and noticed not much change for the better at all. A few sites here and there seemed to take longer to resolve then when using my ISP's (Comcast) own DNS to be honest. I ended up switching back to the ISP DNS servers.

Comcast's DNS servers seem to be just fine & dandy & up to date. I could say the same about Cox too when I was using them for a few years.

That said, I don't get what's supposed to be so great about it. Besides, even on their home page they boldly proclaim "Industry-leading Web content filtering, "...... :ponder: Content Filtering, eh! :| Yeah, no thanks to that I think. I know the ISP's probably filter too (tho I've never encountered any such thing, and I've peeked/slinked around many a dark and seedy corner 'round that there internet).

So yeah, I dunno. I'm quite happy with the DNS as provided by my ISP here in this region. Granted, I'm sure maybe a lot of others don't share the same experience however. :P

I have a problem accessing the site from firefox where I get an apache error. Opera on the other hand is working just fine. Strange.

Edit: OK. Problem has been resolved.

I moved the site to a new IP address an hour or two ago. I have TTL values pretty low on the domain right now (five minutes), which means most people will see changes of that nature almost immediately (only took a minute for me). But if you're caching DNS information or your ISP sucks, could take longer for such changes to appear.

..Al

I have a problem accessing the site from firefox where I get an apache error. Opera on the other hand is working just fine. Strange.

Edit: OK. Problem has been resolved.

I moved the site to a new IP address an hour or two ago. I have TTL values pretty low on the domain right now (five minutes), which means most people will see changes of that nature almost immediately (only took a minute for me). But if you're caching DNS information or your ISP sucks, could take longer for such changes to appear.

..Al

Yes, it does take a while to update. Still i found strange that on the same machine two different browsers had a different behaviour and thought that it might have been some strange cpanel or apache problem.. Anyway all is good now and the site seems to be going very well :).

Yes, it does take a while to update. Still i found strange that on the same machine two different browsers had a different behaviour and thought that it might have been some strange cpanel or apache problem.. Anyway all is good now and the site seems to be going very well :).

One of the browsers must have been caching the DNS information. Glad to hear the site's working well for you outside of that.

..Al