IGNORED

NES: The REAL Super Mario 2

does the real super mario 2 (the one titled lost levels on the all star snes release) exist on the NES, if so, where could i get one. i checked ebay, and found nothing. just the US release. i only found the japan release of super mario 3, which is no different that the one here.

will this play in the NES system without any attachments?

That's the actual FDS release.. i.e. you won't be able to play it unless you got the Famicom Disk system.

What you probably might want (and what I bought back in the day) is a pirate cart version of Super Mario Bros 2, and then you can play that using a Famicom cart adapter on your NES.

They have reproduction cartridge for Super Mario Bros. 2. Its nice and I fell that its worth it.

It might show some limitations. But still worth the money.

yeah, there are a couple guys that make them. this is who I get my repros through. I've gotten cocoron and recca pure from him already, and he's currently offering 15% off. but don't expect delivery until after xmas, his queue seems to be stretching delivery time a bit over a month at the moment.

Edited by Reaperman

They have reproduction cartridge for Super Mario Bros. 2. Its nice and I fell that its worth it.

It might show some limitations. But still worth the money.

yeah, there are a couple guys that make them. this is who I get my repros through. I've gotten cocoron and recca pure from him already, and he's currently offering 15% off. but don't expect delivery until after xmas, his queue seems to be stretching delivery time a bit over a month at the moment.

Funny seeing my label still getting used by others :grin:

FORGET THAT SITE!! This guy is the real NES REPRODUCTION Guru!! Ive personally have 3 carts of his

http://www.nesreproductions.com/

I've wondered about that site, but with donor carts required, no online order forms and (given those) pretty high prices, I just never dealt with him. If I recall he also wasn't accepting new orders for a good bit.

now I'm a bit curious as to what level of workmanship is inside my repros--think I'll open one up...

edit: the gamereproductions.com recca was about what I expected inside. A couple eproms--two legs lifted on each and probably 6-8 wires jumping connections. Soldered pretty well, but this setup is never going to appear the cleanest.

Edited by Reaperman

FORGET THAT SITE!! This guy is the real NES REPRODUCTION Guru!! Ive personally have 3 carts of his

I've wondered about that site, but with donor carts required, no online order forms and (given those) pretty high prices, I just never dealt with him. If I recall he also wasn't accepting new orders for a good bit.

now I'm a bit curious as to what level of workmanship is inside my repros--think I'll open one up...

edit: the gamereproductions.com recca was about what I expected inside. A couple eproms--two legs lifted on each and probably 6-8 wires jumping connections. Soldered pretty well, but this setup is never going to appear the cleanest.

I can honestly tell you he stands behind his work, as we speak I am ordering my copy of Recca: Summer Carnival 92 from him. yes he does charge a bit more and requires a donor BUT its well worth it

I can honestly tell you he stands behind his work, as we speak I am ordering my copy of Recca: Summer Carnival 92 from him. yes he does charge a bit more and requires a donor BUT its well worth it

right, but most of the other sites offer the same 'fix it free' warranty. I'm just curious as to what the difference is between everybody. delivery time could be an easy one, since my copy of recca pure (last game I ordered from gamereproductions.com) took almost 2 months. I'll always choose to wait though--I hate emailing/dealing with people on a personal level, and like online order forms and not sending in donors.

btw, recca is awesome--I got the 'pure' hack since I knew I'd never beat it and wanted all the modes from the beginning. but either way--what a game... I think I'm going for earthbound and FF II sometime after xmas, but what I'd really like is a version of ntsc elite that plays on actual hardware. Probably not going to happen though

Edited by Reaperman

I've wondered about that site, but with donor carts required, no online order forms and (given those) pretty high prices, I just never dealt with him.

Yeah, the donor carts thing bothered me too.

Don't know what everyone is talking about regarding prices. The other site charges $2.50 MORE (but atleast you don't have to donate anything.)

Then, there is this from his faq.

Q) I saw one of your games for sale on eBay for a lot of money! Are you selling them there?

A) NO! I am a game collector first and foremost. nesreproductions.com is a hobby service I provide to other collectors that lack the technical knowledge in creating these games for themselves. I despise people that purchase these games from me and sell them on eBay for huge profits. That's a plain scam!

To discourage scammers my URL and reproduction cost is permanently marked inside the cart. This way, if you scam someone, they can find out, and report you to eBay, Paypal and/or their credit card company. Be warned. Also, if I find out you're using my services to scam others, you will be added to my "black list" and I will never sell reproductions to you again.

I won't ever do business with him for this reason alone.

1: Once I buy it, it's mine to with as I please.

2: His definition of scam is laughable and condems the entire world wide process of product sales as scams.

3: Reported to ebay/paypal/cc company for WHAT? Paying the price you aggreed to pay for something. Really, if I buy something at Gamestop, and discover it was cheaper at Walmart, I can't complain to my CC company that Gamestop "scammed" me.

right, but most of the other sites offer the same 'fix it free' warranty. I'm just curious as to what the difference is between everybody. delivery time could be an easy one, since my copy of recca pure (last game I ordered from gamereproductions.com) took almost 2 months. I'll always choose to wait though--I hate emailing/dealing with people on a personal level, and like online order forms and not sending in donors.

btw, recca is awesome--I got the 'pure' hack since I knew I'd never beat it and wanted all the modes from the beginning. but either way--what a game... I think I'm going for earthbound and FF II sometime after xmas, but what I'd really like is a version of ntsc elite that plays on actual hardware. Probably not going to happen though

Ohh whats "PURE"?? is it meant to be easier?

Ohh whats "PURE"?? is it meant to be easier?

its not really like that, but the standard game has hidden modes (like zankai mode) which aren't visible until the game's completed.

also on the menu screen I can press select and make all the modes harder. (flames appear in the background of menu)

It just makes the game more 'pick up and play' accessible. Might want to check out the rom. I don't think it inserts/removes anything into the game that's not already there, but it just puts every mode on the startup menu.

Famicom Disk System games or FDS files CAN'T be used in reproductions because of the way the disk reacts with the harware, so to create SMB2 Jap, It was simply a SMB 1 hacked exactly like the SMB2 the got in japan just to keep the (.NES) extension instead of the (.FDS) the original disk system rom carries

Edited by A2600

Famicom Disk System games or FDS files CAN'T be used in reproductions because of the way the disk reacts with the harware, so to create SMB2 Jap, It was simply a SMB 1 hacked exactly like the SMB2 the got in japan just to keep the (.NES) extension instead of the (.FDS) the original disk system rom carries

So that is what is on the Super Mario All Stars cart and Wii virtual console? Just a hacked SBM1.

Then what is the SMB2 pirate cart that I bought in 1989? Is that a hack? :?