IGNORED

Colecovision HSC2 / Game 8A - JAMES BOND 007

NOTE: THIS WEEKS GAME HAS ENDED!

JAMES BOND

by Parker

post-98-1228336045_thumb.png

Game Info

You are Bond. James Bond 007, the world's most famous secret agent. Renowned for your cool

and confidence (not to mention your biting wit), you have been selected by the British Secret Service

for four clandestine, utterly critical, and nearly impossible missons.

These will be accomplished at the controls of a specially designed multi-purpose craft that boasts extra-

ordinary capabilities. It has the properties of a car, a plane, and a submarine. And it's equipped with the

latest weaponry. We think you will find it more than adequate.

Good luck, Bond. And Bon Voyage!

The four missions are: DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, MOONRAKER, and FOR YOUR EYES ONLY.

Patch Challenge

1 bonus point for rating 007!

(screenshot please)

1 Player - ADVANCED

Use the same skill level as posted so that all the scores will be accurate!

Please read the Rules & Regulations thread for a thoural description of the HSC rules.

Post your scores in this thread until Wednesday, December 17th 1:00 AM eastern.

TwinGalaxies High Score (Advanced)

34,600 (Tom Duncan)

Current High Scores

1. duncantoml 007 47,200 [+11] [+1]

2. darthkur 35,700 [+10]

3. JEFF31 21,750 [+9]

4. Mister VCS 12,250 [+8]

5. Ikrananka 9,650 [+7]

6. ed1475 6,650 [+6]

Edited by Mister VCS

Whoops, LaserHawk does not have this game! :(

Emulation is fine for those games you don't own...

first score: 11,900 (The missing zero on the screenshot is on the right! What a strange bug...)

Tip: shortcut of the intermissions: press "0"!

post-98-1228661947_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mister VCS

35,700 - 005

Those frogmen get to be a real pain. Also, I'm really not certain that I'm doing the ending correct. From the instructions I've read it says "maneuver your craft onto the radio antenna bar to the right of the deck". So, I do this but sadly there is no difference in the graphics between when you hit it wrong and die or if you dock correctly. Either way it ends the game with the same message that you get when you lose your last life, "Goodbye, Mr. Bond". Is that all there ever is to it? I still didn't get a 007 rating even though "I think" I finished the game right. You probably have to do the whole game without losing a life or close to it to get that.......I assume. :ponder:

post-10357-1228678826_thumb.jpg

Those frogmen get to be a real pain. Also, I'm really not certain that I'm doing the ending correct. From the instructions I've read it says "maneuver your craft onto the radio antenna bar to the right of the deck". So, I do this but sadly there is no difference in the graphics between when you hit it wrong and die or if you dock correctly. Either way it ends the game with the same message that you get when you lose your last life, "Goodbye, Mr. Bond". Is that all there ever is to it? I still didn't get a 007 rating even though "I think" I finished the game right. You probably have to do the whole game without losing a life or close to it to get that.......I assume. :ponder:

The message "Good show Mr. Bond" appears if you dock correctly.

I like this game, it is not perfect but offers a good challenge.

My new score is: 12,250

I could do better than this, but I have no practice at the "Advanced" skill-level-and I never played this game during the last 10 years..

post-98-1229153075_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mister VCS