IGNORED

Atari Mastermind Character Contest

cvga

Hey, so what do I get for being a clue?

Since you went to OSU and live in Cincinnati, hopefully you'll get to watch the Buckeyes crush UC :D

On a more related note, I pulled out my Double Dunk cart and played a little. The computer is tough! I kept getting the ball stolen and when I pulled down a rebound I landed out of bounds much of the time. Any Double Dunk playing tips?

Hey, so what do I get for being a clue?

Since you went to OSU and live in Cincinnati, hopefully you'll get to watch the Buckeyes crush UC :D

You know it! I've got 12 people going and we will all be sitting right in the middle of the UC section. (My brother is an MBA student at UC, but also an OSU grad--and will be rooting for the Bucks.) We are going to do our part to turn Paul Brown Stadium into Ohio Stadium South, for a day at least.

On a more related note, I pulled out my Double Dunk cart and played a little. The computer is tough! I kept getting the ball stolen and when I pulled down a rebound I landed out of bounds much of the time. Any Double Dunk playing tips?

Computer is tough? Oh, I've got some work to do. Some quick tips.

*Throw the playbook out. I always improvise my plays.

*To avoid getting the ball stolen, back up as far as you can once the play starts and shoot quickly. Rush in for the rebound.

*When rebounding, don't get too close to the basket. Just try to get inside position on the computer and time your jump. The out of bounds line at the top of the screen is very close to the basket and unforgiving.

*Find a spot on the court where you are comfortable hitting three-pointers with Mr. Outside. Practice until you are automatic from this point.

*Any time Mr. Outside gets the ball, go to your sweet spot and toss up another three-pointer.

*Finally, channel your hatred of losing to the computer into practice, practice, practice. You must want to beat the computer badly.

Goal for Double Dunk Zen Apprentices: Score 199 points against the computer and unlock the Easter Egg!

BigPlayer, thanks for the tips. I tried to drive many times on the computer but the best thing that ever happened was that he sometimes fouled me. Usually I ended up just getting the ball stolen. I was able to grab some boards after boxing out and making sure to stay away from the end line. However, I have a tendency to move the joystick forward when I going for the rebound so I still went out of bounds quite a bit. I'm going to play some more tonight and try your tips!

• 3 weeks later...