IGNORED

Atari 5200 HSC Round 35 *Countermeasure*

darthkur

b_Countermeasure_front.jpg

s_Countermeasure_2.png

Our worst nightmare has become a reality. Terrorists have broken into a missile complex and seized control of the silos containing ICBM's with a large yield nuclear warheads. Their twisted intent is to vaporize the Nation's Capitol. As the Commander of your powerful Super Tank you need to take out the commandeered silo's and battle the defensive positions and vehicles that the terrorists now control, within the time limit before the missile is launched. If you don't and the weapon is released you still have one last chance to avert disaster. Enter a remaining silo and access the computer in the "War Room" and enter the secret code to abort the rocket's deadly progress.

Emulators are fine as is whatever controller you feel the most comfortable with. Screenshots are great but not mandatory.

Settings: Level 1 (default)

Contest ends on: 12-22-08 at 1:00am EST.

Final High Scores:

1st: Cafeman - 78,300 +11

2nd: bohoki - 28,950 +10

3rd: darthkur - 21,900 +9

4th: BydoEmpire - 18,950 +8

Current Standings:

1st - Doctorclu (104) (4)

2nd - darthkur (100) (4)

3rd - Mike5200 (51)

4th - Shannon (39)

5th - Atari5200 (38) (1)

5th - Bydoempire (38)

6th - phuzaxeman (22) (2)

7th - Laserhawk (21) (1)

8th - Cafeman (17)

9th - midnight8 (13)

10th - bohoki (10)

10th - Hex6500 (10)

10th - Lord Thag (10)

10th - midnight magicman (10)

10th - shadow460 (10)

11th - Phantom (9)

12th - JetSet ( 8 )

13th - RXD (7)

14TH - chuckwalla (6)

15TH - Goochman (4)

Numbers in RED are accumulated points. Numbers in BLUE are number of rounds won.

EDIT: Cafeman pointed out an error on my part from the last round's tallies. I had missed his last post with a higher score and it did effect the placements of three individuals. All is corrected to accurate amounts now. My apologies to Cafeman and all else concerned. I will endeavor to be more accurate in the future.

Edited by darthkur

EDIT - I'll keep my highest score here -- 78,300.

I might have to hook up the actual 5200 for this one, I'm having a hard time controlling the tank using A800win.

Control notes:

Holding button 1 allows you to point your tank's turret in the direction you are moving. When you let go of button 1, the turret continues to point in that direction unless you reposition it.

Button 2 shoots.

For the codes, key 1=L 2=E 3=O.

post-37-1229214185_thumb.jpg

post-37-1229267845_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cafeman

damn this game is an annnoying piece of crap

ive never got past the second go around on the real unit

and on the emu i got to the third and was blown up quick

the code breaker thing is pretty easy but it actualy makes my heart race a little as i hit all the possible combinations 27 of them if you dont have any letter but only 9 if you have one

the gun shoots nice and far diagonal pretty good side to side but where did the range go when you shoot foward?

and why does driving through an explosion slow you down equal to crushing forrests?

i submit this and now am going out side to smash my cart with a hammer

atari019.png

atari020.png

ps has anybody ever got the auto tank button to do anything? super tank my ass give me that litte tank from 2600 combat and ill rule the world

Edited by bohoki

I just found the instructions online - I didn't know about the auto-tank/stop-tank toggle (button 0) until know. That explains some of the control 'problems' I encountered, I think.

Seems several of you never really played the game before. I used to play it a lot, although I never had the patience to go for high scores or to get good at it. I can remember playing lots of Countermeasure and also "Final Legacy" (I think thats the name) on the A8 computer - both have an ICBM missile kind of motif.

Edited by Cafeman

I just found the instructions online - I didn't know about the auto-tank/stop-tank toggle (button 0) until know. That explains some of the control 'problems' I encountered, I think.

Seems several of you never really played the game before. I used to play it a lot, although I never had the patience to go for high scores or to get good at it. I can remember playing lots of Countermeasure and also "Final Legacy" (I think thats the name) on the A8 computer - both have an ICBM missile kind of motif.

i think that "problem is some kind of autocalibration

cause my tank was uncontrollable till i pushed left right up down

1) When the world ended, that flashing skull was really cool (and scary).

2) When I completed a level, I dug the little "success" screen with your tank.

I have the instructions in text format, but without the pics, I still don't understand what I need to do with the LEO codes. Do I actually need to enter them at some point?

I have the instructions in text format, but without the pics, I still don't understand what I need to do with the LEO codes. Do I actually need to enter them at some point?

Here is the link to the actual scanned pages of the manual:

http://www.atariage.com/manual_thumbs.html...wareLabelID=616

I have not had to press in the code yet so I'm not certain what the process is like. I need to play this game a bit more I guess. :ponder: All I'm certain of, at the moment, from reading the online manual is that you have to dock with one of the remaining silo's after the time limit has passed. Then press in the code via the 1, 2, and 3 buttons on the controller. As Cafeman stated above: key 1=L 2=E 3=O.

Touch a missile silo with your tank. Then you have some moments to enter the code - start pressing 1,2 and 3 on the keypad and you'll see what you are entering, it will appear as L, E. and O codes. Once you've entered the 3rd character, if it isn't correct, it'll reset to asterisks. It is possible to guess it, even if you haven't been given any clues yet.

Café-tip: Entering the code to deactivate the missiles earns you 10,000 points, which is far more than shooting things. Thus, for high scores, don't dilly dally around scrolling up the playfield in each level. As soon as you get 1 or 2 clues, touch the next silo and guess the code.

Once my code was "LOL". Thus, I did. ;)