IGNORED

What are some arcade games that were never made into a console version?

Zap!

Was the TRON arcade game ever actually done on a console? I don't think so...

Hi Pixelboy. :)

If i remembered right, or was it just rumors.

I think it was out for Intellivision in the 80's...

Sure, there were licensed Tron games on the Inty and the Atari 2600, but they were all loosely based on the movie itself, or partial approximations of the arcade game. I'm talking about a real, complete conversion of the arcade game.

Come to think of it, I think Bagman was also never released on home consoles...

zookeeper, anteater and sinistar

Zookeeper seems to be an arcade exclusive.

But...

There is a prototype of Anteater for the 2600 that dates back to 1983 from M-Network.

There are also prototypes of Sinistar for both the 2600 & A8's.

They might have not been finished and commericaly released, but they exist none the less.

Edited by Artlover

zookeeper, anteater and sinistar

Zookeeper seems to be an arcade exclusive.

But...

There is a prototype of Anteater for the 2600 that dates back to 1983 from M-Network.

There are also prototypes of Sinistar for both the 2600 & A8's.

They might have not been finished and commericaly released, but they exist none the less.

i also remember reading something about an extremely early build of zookeeper for the vcs, but the only thing to come from that rumour was a sound clip

Hi guys,

The Simpsons by Konami. That was a arcade exclusive as well. I'm still waiting for them to release a port from them. But Konami has the tenancy to add a pinch here, and a dash there in there arcade ports. Or removing certain parts or bosses in a game (TMNT IV *hint,hint*)

Anthony....

Do handhelds count? I got Sinistar as part of a Midway collection for my PSP.

I'd say no because those are not native PSP games persay. Rather arcade emulation. No different then the Midway and Capcom collections for the Xbox and PS2 and stuff.

Hi guys,

The Simpsons by Konami. That was a arcade exclusive as well. I'm still waiting for them to release a port from them. But Konami has the tenancy to add a pinch here, and a dash there in there arcade ports. Or removing certain parts or bosses in a game (TMNT IV *hint,hint*)

Anthony....

I was going to suggest that one too... but I also want to point out Captain America and the Avengers. I really wish the Xbox arcade service was more widely supported.

I was going to suggest that one too... but I also want to point out Captain America and the Avengers. I really wish the Xbox arcade service was more widely supported.

Captain America and the Avengers was made into ported to game consoles. I own the Sega Genesis cartridge. Captain America also was ported on the snes, game gear and gameboy.

Edited by 8th lutz

I don't think Mappy or Rally X got ported did they?

There were carts for Mappy on the Famicom, Super Cassette Vision, Game Gear (Japanese only release) and for MSX computers. As for Rally X the closest is Happy Race for the Watara Supervision.

Edited by darthkur

I don't think Mappy or Rally X got ported did they?
As for Rally X the closest is Happy Race for the Watara Supervision.

Radar Rat Race for the C64, which is practically a 1-to-1 clone of Rally X with some sprite changes.

I forgot about that one. It was made for the C64 and Vic-20 in fact. Mice and cats instead of cars. It's actually quite good.

Was the TRON arcade game ever actually done on a console? I don't think so...

Its available of live arcade... as is disc of tron... two titles that were a must have .. thanks xbox...

back in the day when these first came out there were lots of pirate attempts on the sinclair zx spectrum all of them pretty terrible apart from a light bikes rip.

The zx spectrum was licenced to Timex in the US.