IGNORED

ahh end labels

bah

Those look nice. :)

..Al

yea they are nice

i had masking tape and sharpie labels for like 20 years

then i moved them into a shoebox and they sit better on their sides so now i have side lables

DCP_6715.jpg

yup i like the avgn's rant on end labels

2600 end labels,5200 none,snes endlabels,n64 none

• Like 1

Still very new to the 5200 but I had to fix one of my pet peeves. I store my carts either in bins or on a wall unit that makes identifying them hard unless they have end labels. Now they do.

BAH

Those are nice. They almost look recessed into the plastic. That was/is my beef with 5200 end labels. You can make the nicest end labels in the world but they just don't look right without the cartridge having a recess for the end label to fit in like the 2600 does. I have been thinking about trying to cut into the cartridge with something like a dremel to make a recession to fit the label but I'm not sure if I could get a strait and smooth enough cut to make it look like it was part of the mold. I'll have to experiment with it some time.

Allan

One of the local game stores has a 5200 collection with those hard plastic end labels. You'd think they looked bad, but they actually look pretty good that way.

My idea was to simply label the slots in whatever organizer I have. It has the added advantage of not leaving anything sticky on the carts. I haven't tried it yet.

Did someone say "End Labels"? :D

@bah: Your labels look great! I like the rainbow you put at the top.

I did these a while ago. I've already made a few more end labels for games I don't have yet (i.e. Tempest)... So Hopefully... :)

I tried to make them as authentic looking as possible, if there were end labels.

Bob

post-1787-1230032044_thumb.jpg

post-1787-1230032052_thumb.jpg

post-1787-1230032059_thumb.jpg

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1

I love how the end label has been a consistent problem with an easy home made solution since 1982. When encountering 5200 carts I've always enjoyed seeing the crude 80s end labels that are often on them. Funny how kids realized this was a problem but Atari's engineers didn't. The only thing dumber is that they made the mistake again with the Jag.

I love how the end label has been a consistent problem with an easy home made solution since 1982. When encountering 5200 carts I've always enjoyed seeing the crude 80s end labels that are often on them. Funny how kids realized this was a problem but Atari's engineers didn't. The only thing dumber is that they made the mistake again with the Jag.

I've come across a ton of 5200 carts that have those old labels that were made by handheld label makers you squeezed to create raised lettering on a colored self-adhesive strip. :)

..Al

• 5 years later...

Thanks guys icon_smile.gif

It's a hack of Pac-Man, with the opposite player controlling Blinky (i.e. Player one is playing as Pac-Man, so Player two controls Blinky) icon_smile.gif

Dual Pac-Man sounds like what Namco made that edition of Pac-Man where you could have multiple players be the ghosts and Pac-Man using individual Gameboy Advanced handhelds linked to the Gamecube. That was a great realization of what Atari had planned to do with the Lynx and the Jaguar but failed to do so...

Dual Pac-Man sounds like what Namco made that edition of Pac-Man where you could have multiple players be the ghosts and Pac-Man using individual Gameboy Advanced handhelds linked to the Gamecube. That was a great realization of what Atari had planned to do with the Lynx and the Jaguar but failed to do so...

Quoting myself. It was called Pac-Man Vs. and Nintendo actually made it for the Gamecube [and GBA?].

Here's a Youtube video of it in action:

Shame Atari didn't bring it to market first since the idea was theirs...

Edited by Lynxpro

Quoting myself. It was called Pac-Man Vs. and Nintendo actually made it for the Gamecube [and GBA?].

Here's a Youtube video of it in action:

Shame Atari didn't bring it to market first since the idea was theirs...

All very interesting, but just to tie this back into the six-year-dead thread you're commenting on...

Gameboy carts need end labels, as well. As far as labeling the edge of Gamecube disks, it could probably be done with an engraver, but you would need a magnifying glass to read them...

All very interesting, but just to tie this back into the six-year-dead thread you're commenting on...

Gameboy carts need end labels, as well. As far as labeling the edge of Gamecube disks, it could probably be done with an engraver, but you would need a magnifying glass to read them...

It's a necro bump but interest in 5200 end labels just flared up on a couple of Atari Facebook groups so it would be helpful for this thread to be active again for the new enthusiasts searching for info and templates...