IGNORED

any NTSC nes clones play PAL games?

I have a copy of the PAL version of Elite--doesn't seem to play on anything, I just see scrambled tiles and sync problems. Do any of the NTSC famiclones (I have a fair selection) have an easy way to switch them over to PAL? A handy jumper or something?

My TV should do pal just fine, so that isn't an issue.

Edited by Reaperman

Hmmmm. Well, here's what I've done for playing Famicom games.

I had an old Gyromite cartridge that had the "pass through" adaptor (the first generation Gyromite and a couple more games had these). I took a cartridge that had a broken ROM board and put that into it, and now I can take any Famicom game (the Japanese ones that come in the smaller cases and have fewer connector pins), take the board out, and plug it into my adaptor and play it just fine on any NES system. It's kind of a pain, as I have to unscrew both cases when I do it, but it works great.

I know the top loader plays PAL games, too. If not that, try a Game Genie.

I've seen in the Gen-X and FC Twin that there's a set of jumpers that switch the NES sides between NTSC and PAL, though I know for a fact that on the FC Twin, switching to PAL mode will result in really weird colors.

sounds like the color clock is off. Maybe it needs a crystal swap in addition to the jumper to get the multiplier right. How was game speed? How about audio speed?--it's probably easier to notice.

Edited by Reaperman