IGNORED

Lynx HSC #16 - California Games (attempt #2) - BMX

atari2600land

But are forward flips worth the same as backward flips?

And I also remember doing stunts like a half back flip and then hitting the edge of a cliff with the front tire which turns it back into half front flip and I land back on my wheels at high speed and then manage to do it again. How would that be scored?

Also, early on in the race I can get things like 11, 47 or 63 points...how these non-round numbers?

I think the scoring is more complex than that FAQ indicates.

We need to talk to James. :)

You know i stink at this game. I can do very few if any tricks.

Most of the time i crash, lol

I guess it doesn't matter how you get to the end of the course, doing a bunch of tricks or crashing alot as long as you get there. :)

I don't know who James is.

Does anyone know the best way to record some Lynx gameplay? I'd like to try recording some BMX runs.

Also, is there any way to program moves...like press forward, B at 11.21 seconds, press A at 23.00 seconds...etc.???

It would be interesting to try and experiment with programmed moves to see what kind of tricks can be pulled. Then you can maybe go back and try do do it manually.

Probably the only way to do it (reliably) is to change the emulator yourself to make it do programmed moves. When I recorded my run, I modified the emulator to save/load/reset with gamepad buttons to make it easier to practice moves over and over.

And I also remember doing stunts like a half back flip and then hitting the edge of a cliff with the front tire which turns it back into half front flip and I land back on my wheels at high speed and then manage to do it again. How would that be scored?

Also, early on in the race I can get things like 11, 47 or 63 points...how these non-round numbers?

I guess it doesn't matter how you get to the end of the course, doing a bunch of tricks or crashing alot as long as you get there. :)

When you get over ~400 points it will say "Better than James" when you finish the course. If you go to the title screen you'll see that the BMX programmer's name is James XXXXXX.

I got 700s five or six times today. Wish I could remember my highest score ever. I used to have a wicked routine, but I can't remember all of it. :(

Does anyone know the best way to record some Lynx gameplay? I'd like to try recording some BMX runs.

Also, is there any way to program moves...like press forward, B at 11.21 seconds, press A at 23.00 seconds...etc.???

It would be interesting to try and experiment with programmed moves to see what kind of tricks can be pulled. Then you can maybe go back and try do do it manually.

Probably the only way to do it (reliably) is to change the emulator yourself to make it do programmed moves. When I recorded my run, I modified the emulator to save/load/reset with gamepad buttons to make it easier to practice moves over and over.

Well, modifying the emulator is most likely beyond me.

When you get over ~400 points it will say "Better than James" when you finish the course. If you go to the title screen you'll see that the BMX programmer's name is James XXXXXX.

I got 700s five or six times today. Wish I could remember my highest score ever. I used to have a wicked routine, but I can't remember all of it. :(

Silly me, i should let the demo/title screen play for awhile.

I never got over 400 points and probably never will. :(