IGNORED

UltraSatan preorders open NOW!

Are these things easy to set up?

can you run disc images from it like the 8bit s-drive or sio2usb etc?

The original Satandisk was extremely easy to setup and use, and the new guy should be no different. :) No they don't work like those devices. The UltraSatan will appear and work as one or two ACSI connected SCSI hard drives to the ST.

Curious since this works like a normal HD, can I format a 'Spectre 128' partition for my Mac stuff?

Most certainly should. I have one SD card for my Satandisk that is setup as a GEMDOS boot and has a secondary Spectre HD parition. :)

The Satandisk was the best thing since sliced bread for the STs, and the UltraSatan is several times more amazing. :cool:

not the best of times to spend around 100€, but this will probably be too good to let it pass... at least i´ll have some months to save... :)

one thing that got me confused... does it come with the power supply or we have to "supply" that? pardon the pun... :D

Edited by anzac

not the best of times to spend around 100€, but this will probably be too good to let it pass... at least i´ll have some months to save... :)

one thing that got me confused... does it come with the power supply or we have to "supply" that? pardon the pun... :D

If the satandisk original is any indication you'll have to supply that yourself.

ultra_satan.jpgUltraSatan is a hard disk replacement for the Atari ST (and other Atari computers with an ACSI port) that uses SD and/or MMC cards for storage. The UltraSatan includes several improvements over the original SatanDisk project. This new device will be much faster than the original (almost to the limit of ACSI) and is 100% compatible with other ACSI devices. The UltraSatan has two slots for use with SD/SDHC/MMC disks (up to 8GB, acting as two distinct hard drives. As with the original, the UltraSatan will be open source, so if you don't want to buy a ready made device you can always build your own. You can learn more by visiting Jookie's UltraSatan development page and you can pre-order one here.

Will it be possible to boot ST disk-images from this device?

If I have understood correctly this thing works like a Hard Drive, so if you have an image that can be loaded from HDD then it should work with UltraSatan.

Thats what I hope anyway :?:

Will it be possible to boot ST disk-images from this device?

Such thing is possible with HW floppy emulators, which are still not available yet by my knowledge.

However, with my tool, Floppy Image Runner, you may run a lot of floppy images (read: many games) from hard disk, so from ULTRA Satan too. http://ppera.07x.net/atari/imgrun.php

Fantastic, this is exactly what I need - thank you! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Will UltraSatan work together with ICD Pro hostadapter ? I have it on STE, mit IBM SCSI drive von 2GB.

My understanding is, the UltraSatan, like the SatanDisk, is set to ID0. The creator has a small utility on

his website that will let you change the ID, but only if the device is setup on an ST that doesn't have

something else already setup as ID0.

So once you've changed the UltraSatan's ID to something that doesn't conflict with anything else in

your chain, it *should* work fine.

I just recently went through this with my STacy, which has an internal SCSI card that is set to 0. Just

unplugging the HD allowed the SatanDisk to work with my setup (hard drive is dead anyways).

PS Thanks to RemoWilliams for the help on this!

I signed up and put in a preorder, but I cannot log into the site now, and my password does not get sent to me. I have nothing going to my spam folder - if it's being blocked it's by my ISP. Is anyone else having this issue?

Stephen Anderson

I signed up and put in a preorder, but I cannot log into the site now, and my password does not get sent to me. I have nothing going to my spam folder - if it's being blocked it's by my ISP. Is anyone else having this issue?

Stephen Anderson

Hey Stephen - I had no trouble going to the site just now. Maybe a temporary thing

and you can/should try again?

http://mikro.umpc.sk/us_order/

Hope it works for ya.

Stephen Anderson

Hey Stephen - I had no trouble going to the site just now. Maybe a temporary thing

and you can/should try again?

http://mikro.umpc.sk/us_order/

Hope it works for ya.

Oops - what I meant to say was I cannot log into the forum (bottom of the page where you enter your username and password). It will not accept my password. When I hit the button to have them email it to me, I never get an email (nothing hits my spam filter either).

Stephen Anderson

• 2 weeks later...

when in March will payments be accepted?

@stephen anderson: you don't get a reply from the website, you just log in to verify your account and order. I just logged in myself and everything is fine, it lists your name, address and how many units your want, I'm just waiting for the payments to be opened up, which is supposed to start this month