IGNORED

The Dynamic Skins For All Xport Emus

Hello Xbox fans! ;)

1) What is the DYNAMIC skin?

- Well,since we have the dual previews/boxarts and videos at the same in the news emus

(thanks to Nes6502, and now madmab, and for sure differents great coders in the future) and since each user is different,We had a loooot of differents suggestions about the

best gameselect screen disposition:

A lot of users like the videos dual with title screen,

other users want only boxarts since they don't have space for videos

other wants dual videos with boxarts

others want big videos and big boxarts

others want only screenshots

etc...

etc...

etc...

So, with only one skin, lots of users will be disapointed....

That is why we have created the DYNAMIC skin, a skin where you can move manually the size/position of each of the gameselect elements: video window, preview window, boxart, rombrowser blade, system logo, buttons, etc... you can even disable them!

You only want screenshots? eh, no problem, simply disable the video window sprite

you want only screenshots but sometimes a video for few games? All in the same window? ok, set the video size/position in the preview window.

I really think we have find a great solution with Madmab, RessurectionX and Run088 about this dynamic skin,it will solve a lot of problems, and the sprites render well

better in hd. It would have been a PAIN for the skinner to release 20 differents versions with subtles differences of the same skin! what a confusion! A lot of space saved for nothing!

2) You want to change the gameselect screen,How to use the DYNAMIC Skin?

- Well, there is 2 solutions:

A) The easy solution: simply go to :)

"configure skin/load skin configuration"

and choose one of the following pre-made configs if you have a good old standard TV:

-SDTV big movies_big boxarts

-SDTV big movies_big previews

-SDTV big previews only

-SDTV boxarts only

-SDTV med movies_med boxarts

-SDTV med movies_med previews

-SDTV med previews only

Choose one of the followings if you have a HD TV:

-HDTV big movies_big boxarts

-HDTV big movies_big previews

-HDTV big previews only

-HDTV boxarts only

-HDTV med movies_med boxarts

-HDTV med movies_med previews

-HDTV only med previews

B)The "less" easy solution: :twisted:

- None of these configurations are ok for you?

you want to change the gameselect banner or disable the buttons?

Ok, you must set the sprites yourself!So, go to:

"configure skin/skin editor/"

Here you will be able to move the size/position of each sprites, replace them (change the number) or disable them (set the sprite number to "none").

EXAMPLE: You want to change the gameselect banner, go to:

"configure skin/skin editor/gameselect menu settings/sprites settings/configure sprite 1" and choose your banner here!

- The text isn't at your tastes?

Ok, go to

"configure skin/skin editor/gameselect menu settings/text settings"

and set the size/position/widht/etc... of the text

- The video preview, the screenshots and the boxarts aren't at the good position?

Ok, go to:

"configure skin/skin editor/gameselect menu settings/background settings"

Here you will be able to set them (move to the right to see the differents settings)

When you have finished; you can save the changes you have made, simply go to:

"configure skin/save skin configuration" to save your settings

3) Difference between the SDTV and HDTV settings: :ponder:

- The "missing boxart" and preview/video borders are less wide in the hdtv settings, because the image is automatically stretched , so these sprites appear at the correct aspect ratio in all the settings

- The font (MS trebuchet) is "bold" in HDTV settings and "thin" in the sdtv settings, or else the font would be too big in the sdtv settings.

- The "in game option video preview" is at the correct aspect ratio in the hdtv settings (less wide).

4) You want to use the DYNAMIC skin with an old XPORT emu?

You can! But you have to rename yourself one of the pre-made configs to "settings.ini" and overwrite the old "settings.ini" in the skin root.

5) Special thanks to madmab, to make the DYNAMIC skin possible,

especially the ability to see the differents sprites

(the windows sprites) when you are adjusting the video preview, the screenshots

and the boxarts. AND the ability to be able to choose your favorite skin settings

The hard part is done! Thanks to grospixels (www.grospixels.com)for their excellents remixed videogames musics.

Edited by gilou9999

BANDAI WONDERSWAN:

AWAITING 4-IN-1 PIC

CHIP8-SUPER CHIP8:

AWAITING 4-IN-1 PIC

NINTENDO - NES (MEDNAFEN X NES):

post-3211-1240043242_thumb.jpg

NINTENDO - SNES (SNES9XBOX):

post-3211-1240043247_thumb.jpg

NINTENDO - GAMEBOY/GBC/GBA (XBOYADVANCE):

post-3211-1240043235_thumb.jpg

NINTENDO - VIRTUAL BOY (VIRTUALBOYX):

post-3211-1240043326_thumb.jpg

Sega Genesis / Sega CD / 32x (NEOGENESIS):

post-3211-1240059045_thumb.jpg

Sega Master System / Game Gear / SG-1000 / SG-3000:

post-3211-1240043228_thumb.jpg

PC ENGINE / PC ENGINE CD (MEDNAFEN X PCE):

post-3211-1240043278_thumb.jpg

ATARI 2600 (Z26X):

post-3211-1240153421_thumb.jpg

ATARI 5200 (ATARIXLBOX):

post-3211-1240043298_thumb.jpg

Atari 7800

post-3211-1240043305_thumb.jpg

ATARI LYNX (MEDNAFENX_LYNX):

AWAITING 4-IN-1 PIC

COLECOVISION (ADAMX):

post-3211-1240043319_thumb.jpg

Sony Playstation (PCSXBOX):

post-3211-1240043285_thumb.jpg

NEO GEO POCKET (NEOPOPX):

post-3211-1240059057_thumb.jpg

WATARA SUPERVISION (SUPERVISIONX):

AWAITING GOOD SPRITE SKIN

AWAITING 4-IN-1 PIC

Intellivision (BLISSX):

post-3211-1240043359_thumb.jpg

Sega VMU (SEGAVMUX):

AWAITING 4-IN-1 PIC

ATARI ST (WINSTONX):

post-3211-1240043262_thumb.jpg

Commodore 64 (VICE64X):

post-3211-1240058585_thumb.jpg

AMIGA (WINUAEX):

post-3211-1240043271_thumb.jpg

MSX (BLUEMSXBOX):

AWAITING 4-IN-1 PIC

MS DOS (DOSXBOX):

post-3211-1240043222_thumb.jpg

X68000 (X68000X):

post-3211-1240059069_thumb.jpg

Edited by gilou9999

Updated mednafenX-pce with all the latests changes, dual fonts, new banners,good sprites names, castlevania X bg music, what a great game, try it reZ pop.gif

It has a real pc engine game list in the 4 in 1 list, special dedicace to megaman wink.gif ;

You will notice the custom "missing boxart" showed when you don't have boxart for a game, it has also the correct pce box aspect ratio.

p.s.: How good to be able to edit a post, raaahhhhh!!

I'm waiting for it since 10 months on xbox scene, forced to cry at the admin ears, and ... nothing! :x

here i can edit my firsts 2 posts one week after my registration cool

• 3 weeks later...

There is a link above each skin where you can download them. Although Gilles9999 re-released a bunch over on the xbox-scene forums but never updated the link over here.

The dual preview nature of these skins cannot be taken advantage of yet because no emu supporting them has been released yet. Although they can be loaded in the older emulators. Plus some of the resurrection Xtra's (found over at xbox-scene) can already be used in Mednafen-NES, Lynx, TG16, and NeoGenesis. For example the movie previews.

There is a link above each skin where you can download them. Although Gilles9999 re-released a bunch over on the xbox-scene forums but never updated the link over here.

The dual preview nature of these skins cannot be taken advantage of yet because no emu supporting them has been released yet. Although they can be loaded in the older emulators. Plus some of the resurrection Xtra's (found over at xbox-scene) can already be used in Mednafen-NES, Lynx, TG16, and NeoGenesis. For example the movie previews.

So just to be clear, right now you won't be able to see two screens with previews, only one? I tested afew of the Dynamic skins (AdamX, A7800X and Atarixlbox) and I can use them, as you said, but I can only populate one window, such as screenshots...is that correct?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple thing I noticed on your skins.On the Atari 7800 dynamic skin,I can't get the background music to play.No matter how I try to configure,it doesn't play anything.... :ponder:

Also the x68000 skin you posted over at xbox-scen doesn't work for me at all.Do I need a newer version of the emulator?I have v4 right now...

But anyways,these are the most awesomest skins EVAR!!!

:lust:

edit:

Oh and has a Blissx Dynamic skin been released yet? :D If not,no hurry or anything :)

Edited by Breakpack

It seems in one of the older dynamic atari 7800X skins the bg music wasn't played, strange because ressurectionX has the same problem.

For the X68000X skin, there was a "memory issue" problem

All i can say is: download the updated pack with all the 22 dynamic skins in it i have released yesterday (130 megs download)

You will have all the dynamic skins in they last versions, I have kicked the ass of a lot of "little" but annoying bugs.

(especially for the "memory eaters" emus).

For the blissX emu i could re-create a dynamic skin for it... if you have some good quality pics of the system itself :D :D

Good to see you are enjoying the dynamic skins, they will be even better used with the new madmab edition emus and the ressurectionXtras

Edited by gilou9999

For the blissX emu i could re-create a dynamic skin for it... if you have some good quality pics of the system itself :D :D

Good to see you are enjoying the dynamic skins, they will be even better used with the new madmab edition emus and the ressurectionXtras

Ok,here's a few I've taken of my Intelli.I love these skins.It makes all the emu so uniform & easy to use. :)

Are the emulators themselves being updated or just the skins?

Reason I ask is the darn NeoGenesis emulator.The sound is to low for sound effects and music produced from the 32x.....Like the announcer's voice in Mortal Kombat 2 32x and the drum beats to low in Knuckes Chaotix.I wish there was a way to turn up the sound coming out of the 32x..but if you guys aren't updating emulator cores,no problems.I LOVE these skins!!!!

intelli.zip

I updated the 2nd post in the thread with what is hopefully the latest. I also copied the pictures onto the server here at Atari Age so we don't have to worry about pictures disappearing. Only ones I couldn't get were Vice64 and NeoGenesis which seem to be MIA at the moment. :P

Ok madmab, all the 4 in 1 pics are presents in the "backgrounds" folder of each skin and is named "preview".

With the hope we could see "skin previews" (like in zsnexbox) in the future. But ideally the previews in zsnexbox are 320*240 pics (to save memory i suppose)?

I have to update all the dynamic skins by today or tomorrow to "really merge my work with ressX on them. Some little bugs/ settings errors for the moment. All will be ok tomorrow :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok. Here it is as promised. My little surprise. Got this idea the other night. A

for the upcoming MednafenX-NES public beta release. I figured it was about time. Plus I figured it would be fun to play with Youtube annotations.

I apologize for the editing (in particular sound). Didn't have much time to slap this together. Anyone notice the audio easter egg? Something I'd like to add someday.. :P Just wish I could record this thing in Hi-def (720p). :(

Oh and before anyone asks about the bear. It's an inside joke with my family. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

i have repack the MednafenX nes Dynamic skin

i have this time spent a lot of time to adjust each element of the 4-3 settings "pixels perfect" (sprites correctly aligned with the backgrounds, text correctly adjusted in each pixels, and same thing for the "in game option screenshot" for each settings). All is well better centered now B)

And.. all the settings will now show the splash screen for 4 seconds (wich i think is the best -not too long- -not too short-) instead of 2.5 sec.

And now, the previews appears in the correct ratio in both 4/3 and 16/9 settings

These "pre made configs" must be perfect you know, because i'll have to copy/paste them to the others Dynamic skins!