IGNORED

Question for those of you that own a Vectrex...

tugboat450

I can make a similar pattern appear on my Vectrex by cranking up the brightness. But, I have seen mention (I think here at AA) of a defective Vectrex that showed that pattern regardless of the brightness.

You might be able to search around and see if they reported a resolution to the problem.

[EDIT]: Here's the discussion I remember: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=vectrex++lines

Edited by BigO

I was looking through some Vectrexes on ebay, and came across one with a screen that looked like this:

There definitely should not be a white dot in the center. However due to the poor quality of that picture it is difficult to tell if that is a camera flash problem or not.

[EDIT]: Here's the discussion I remember: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=vectrex++lines

Wow, that thing was messed up. Looks like a vector unit problem.

I confirm that the same "effect" appears on every Vectrex when the brightness is set to very high levels. However you should definitely verify with the seller that brightness was actually set too high when the picture was taken. Otherwise that would mean that the unit for sale is defective.

Just to give you an idea: one should be able to achieve a VERY BRIGHT image on the screen, but still with no central dot, even in sunny rooms.