IGNORED

Classic Video Gamer Magazine coming soon! We need your input!

Classic Video Gamer User Poll  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather the first issue be digital or in print?

• Digital
    • Print
  2. 2. Would you like to see us cover all retro systems?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What are you willing to pay for an issue (keeping in mind that what we charge is to cover our costs which is still undetermined)

• I am willing to pay the cover price as long as it's reasonable (under $7.00)
    • I'd rather read it for free
  4. 4. If we did a print version of CVG, would you prefer B&W or color print?

• B&W
    • Color
    • Doesn't matter; the content is more important

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

nice cover, hopefully I can get you some articles for the issue.

There's no pressure! Contribute what you can and submit the other material later for future issues.

well for sure expect two show reports from me(MGC and VGS)

game reviews might be later on though.

Excellent! I look forward to receiving the coverage! Take your time with the reviews, you already have your hands full. :)

I am attending MGC as well as having a table to sell off some shirts from cafepress.com shop (plus I'm doing a video cast as well)

so I will try get some stuff done for the magazine ,

VGS which is my show :cool: I also plan to do other stuff but will work on get a report for you there as well.

(MGC is coming up in few months VGS is in July)

I dont mind paying for a digital version as long as its in PDF I personally dont like Zino or Yudu or Web pages sorry. With PDF its easy to save to your hard drive or print it out, web sites can disapper and I find Yudu clumsy to use and harder to read on screen compared to PDF.

Cant wait for it whatever you decide :)

Please ignore the second thread / poll; I've been giving this some serious thought and I don't believe a second poll will really help define the publishing format.

The poll results in this thread speak for themselves and having everyone vote again seems a bit redundant.

It's been decided that each issue will be printed like a standard magazine (based on the voting results), and since the digital votes were pretty close, a digital version will also be available for sale at a cheaper price (since no printing / shipping charges are involved). I believe this decision will satisfy everyone involved.

Edited by STGuy1040

• 3 weeks later...

ClassicVGM is scheduled for a May 2009 release; pre-orders for the print version will open shortly. A digital version in PDF format will also be available at a much lower price. Please stay tuned for further developments.

Edited by STGuy1040

• 2 weeks later...
ClassicVGM is scheduled for a May 2009 release; pre-orders for the print version will open shortly. A digital version in PDF format will also be available at a much lower price. Please stay tuned for further developments.

I'm looking forward to this! :D

I'll have to sign up for a pre-order!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this! :D

I'll have to sign up for a pre-order!

I dido that! :D

I voted for the printed version (which is what I would prefer); however, folks that is not-so-close to the center of the action (let's say way far from *any* action) would have a hard time in getting a printed copy. Printing a PDF would be nice.

Do you have a website? This sound pretty cool.

Also, be aware that ClassicVGM also stands for "Classic Video Game Music". If you do a Google search that's what comes up.

Do you have a website? This sound pretty cool.

Also, be aware that ClassicVGM also stands for "Classic Video Game Music". If you do a Google search that's what comes up.

I wasn't aware of this, but I will check into it.

The website will be available in May.

• 2 weeks later...