IGNORED

Silly logo observation...

DaytonaUSA

I'm sure I'm the last human to realize this, but just in case I'm not.. here we go:

I was looking down on my sixaxis controller last night and I realized that the "sixaxis" logo was readable even upside down. It didn't take long for me to realize that it's because the word is a perfect mirror image of itself. :P

Anywho, it amused me. Here's a picture.. turn your head upside down...see what I mean?

feel free to :roll:

274432474_b6c9da5a1f.jpg

Edited by DaytonaUSA

You're right never saw it before.

This is what you call a palindrome.

Defenition: in genetic terms a DNA sequence which is the same (or very similar) when complementary strands are read in opposite directions. It has the property of rotational (dyad) symmetry

It was based on the prophetic dream of some Sony exec who saw that Sony would turn gaming upside down. And so they did. Third place is now first, second is still second, and first is now third. I call miracle.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't have known about this either except one of my friends told me it was the kind of thing that would appeal to morons impressed with simple word games. When he pointed that out, I was about to comment on how it looked pretty cool.

Wow atarifever, I've kinda noticed from your posts you're not a very happy person :ponder: This post has nothing to do with who's better, or sales numbers.. can we just let it all go and have a good time?

ANYwho, I figured I was the last to notice this.. glad to know I'm not going nuts haha. It was just one of those things where I looked at it and went.. wait.. it's upside down but I can read it... that's odd :)

Wow atarifever, I've kinda noticed from your posts you're not a very happy person :ponder:

Actually, I think maybe you misinterpreted atarifever's post?

I think the first part of the post he was just joking around, the second part he was saying he thought what you pointed out was pretty cool.

I will say this, I hadn't noticed it before this thread.

Wow atarifever, I've kinda noticed from your posts you're not a very happy person :ponder:

I think the first part of the post he was just joking around, the second part he was saying he thought what you pointed out was pretty cool.

That very well may be. Judging personalities from text has never really been my strong suit, sorry guys :)

Hey, well I'm glad I posted it!

Thanks Moycon. You're exactly right. I think it looks pretty cool, despite not having any love for that system. As I pointed out, I was going to say just that to my friend before he made his rather negative statement.

Sorry for confusing you. In general (and with my general tone on these boards I can see why) it's pretty obvious that people often read what I say as if it were sarcastic or mean spirited when it is not intended to be. Perhaps I need to make better use of emoticons. :)

Sorry for confusing you. In general (and with my general tone on these boards I can see why) it's pretty obvious that people often read what I say as if it were sarcastic or mean spirited when it is not intended to be. Perhaps I need to make better use of emoticons. :)

No worries mate, hope you can accept my apology. Again, sometimes text form can make even the best of people sound completely different. I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt next time.

• 3 weeks later...
Its called an ambigram. Its a simple one, but still pretty cool.

Here is a neat one: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...ownandoutint-20

And probably one of the most famous: http://public.web.cern.ch/Public/Objects/S..._ambigramsm.gif

-Tim :)

The most famous ones are TOMAX and XAMOT, the twins from GI Joe. :)

• 2 weeks later...