IGNORED

Cool site i found earlier

liquid_sky

http://www.losgatosmuseum.com/

Los Gatos is a museum dedicated to the preservation of classic coin-op video games. The museum hopes to educate the public about the significance of these games.

Los Gatos considers classic games those that were released from the early 70s until the early 80s. These classics include popular favorites, such as Pong, Asteroids, Tempest, Centepede, Pac-man, etc.

Los Gatos will primarily focus on black and white (b&w) games of that era. Los Gatos feels that many of these b&w games are criminally overlooked. Conversely, there is a plethora of information on Pac-man and company.

We at Los Gatos hope you will join us in this adventure of discovery. You too may find out the simple pleasures which b&w games have to offer.

http://www.losgatosmuseum.com/

We at Los Gatos hope you will join us in this adventure of discovery. You too may find out the simple pleasures which b&w games have to offer.

Yes, the lost and forgotten beauty and elegance of B&W coin-ops is well remembered and presented at Los Gatos Museum....

Many scoff at the old Black & Whites, but I'll tell you, there is an art and and an appreciation for many of those games, and not just ones such as Circus or Space Invaders, but ones such as Depth Charge, Starship-1, Seawolf and Wheels are truly amazing games, very very addictive and fun to play.

One of my all time favorites is Atari Orbit, a forgotten game which is a fantastic head to head Star Trek-ish based space battle which can only be best described as Computer Space II.

Don't knock the old B&W's, give them a shot, you'll be pleasantly surprised and entertained! :-)

Curt

heh luckily at 34 years, I'm old enough to have my first memories of arcade gameplaying being from the days of the Electro-Mechanical games and the early B&W's :) However having said that, although I do have an appreciation for the B&W's and there is that nostalgic charm about them, you really do have to be a certain type of person to want them in your collection. i.e. HARDCORE :)