IGNORED

Atari 2600 Zookeeper Character Animation Video Found!

Dutchman2000

i was looking at raccoon lad's cleaned up images and i didnt know zookeeper was a arcade game so i went to wikipedia to learn more about it and i was reading about the first bonus stage then it said zelda was tied to a tree not what raccoon lad's quote " missle" so that was what i was talking about

i was looking at raccoon lad's cleaned up images and i didnt know zookeeper was a arcade game so i went to wikipedia to learn more about it and i was reading about the first bonus stage then it said zelda was tied to a tree not raccoon lad's quote " missle" so that was what i was talking about

p.s sorry it wont let me edit a post

i was looking at raccoon lad's cleaned up images and i didnt know zookeeper was a arcade game so i went to wikipedia to learn more about it and i was reading about the first bonus stage then it said zelda was tied to a tree not what raccoon lad's quote " missle" so that was what i was talking about

Ahhh, I see. Racoon Lad was talking about what sprite the tree was made out of (which is probably one of the missiles or the ball), you confused me for a second.

Huh? :?

Tempest

Tempest

my second post will explian it tempest

Tempest

Yeah, when someone says "missile", "player", "ball", it doesn't mean they're a physical missile, ball, or player.

Those are just the types of objects that the Atari 2600 can draw. Anything that looks like a dot or a line is usually a "missile graphic".

Examples would be the lines in Missile Command, or the bullets in Combat.

Since there is a limit to what it can draw, there is usually a mix of those types of graphic objects.

So, since the lady is tied to a tree, and she is drawn with a "player-type object", that object is already taken.

So, the tree is a big long line, which means it is likely drawn with a "missile-type-object".

It's definitely not that we were hinting that she was tied to a bomb. :) We just wanted to figure out what objects they used to draw it.

-John

Tempest

Yeah, when someone says "missile", "player", "ball", it doesn't mean they're a physical missile, ball, or player.

Those are just the types of objects that the Atari 2600 can draw. Anything that looks like a dot or a line is usually a "missile graphic".

Examples would be the lines in Missile Command, or the bullets in Combat.

Since there is a limit to what it can draw, there is usually a mix of those types of graphic objects.

So, since the lady is tied to a tree, and she is drawn with a "player-type object", that object is already taken.

So, the tree is a big long line, which means it is likely drawn with a "missile-type-object".

It's definitely not that we were hinting that she was tied to a bomb. :) We just wanted to figure out what objects they used to draw it.

-John

oh oops :lolblue:

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

Knowing what I know of the Atari 2600's method of drawing characters, I think it would be impossible for Zeke to stand sideways. The game would probably look like this to compensate for the system's limitations.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but after reading this thread it made me come back here.

I too wonder how the playfield would have looked for this game. I can't vision them being able to do a sprite for Zeke traveling vertically with color changes.