IGNORED

My opinion so far of MESS

KAZ

I'm really happy with MESS, I finally got some stuff to work with it.

Atari 7800 looks very nice, mean 18 was absolutely thrilling to play-it was the first time I had even seen it for any emulator. I used to have it on my Apple 2 GS.

I played Colecovision, and I was VERY impressed by it. It did Donkey Kong Jr. about 5 times better than my virtual colecovision I was using.

The one disappointment was Atari 5200. Pacman looked like garbage, and was completely non-working. I tried Kangaroo, and it looked fine, but my computer is so slow (400 mhz) that the framerate was really suffering.

And what's up with Atari 2600 and Nintendo? Are these even supported through MESS? MESS would be an absolute dream if everything worked as it should. It IS quite a hassle, things are just not really that straightforward. I don't have any trouble with my Atari 2600 standalone emulator, or my 5200, etc. etc.

I did find some really neat images to stick in the snapshots folder. It was fun to look at what all the systems looked like.

So far I'd give MESS a B-

Not that in a million years could I ever figure out how the MESS team did all of this. The difficulty must be unbelievable.