IGNORED

Atari 7800 HSC reloaded Round 10 "Beef Drop"

darthkur

I'm not sure I have the right ROM version. It plays WICKED fast! AA's link to the ROM is broken, so I searched for it on the net.

So, is it supposed to play super fast? If not, can someone post a link to the correct ROM? Thanks! :)

I believe this is the version that I am using:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...st&id=97011

Found in this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...p;hl=bd7800demo

Good luck! :)

Thanks! That is SO much better. :)

I'm not sure I have the right ROM version. It plays WICKED fast! AA's link to the ROM is broken, so I searched for it on the net.

So, is it supposed to play super fast? If not, can someone post a link to the correct ROM? Thanks! :)

I believe this is the version that I am using:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...st&id=97011

Found in this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...p;hl=bd7800demo

Good luck! :)

Thanks! That is SO much better. :)

No Problem!

post-21467-1233893202_thumb.jpg

Best Game Ever! : )

I got completely trapped on this board (Level 7? 8?) as there are a lot of dead ends.

Level 6 (see right side of screen, the burger with the 5 on it with one burger above it).

You see a 5 on the burger? Sounds about right though. Thanks for pointing it out : )

I press Ctrl + C to save a picture. I never tried F12.

That's probably because he's using a different emulator.

Level 6 (see right side of screen, the burger with the 5 on it with one burger above it).

Hey Ken, how about posting a few scores? :D

post-21467-1233977521_thumb.jpg

Level 6 is the last level before the game wraps back around to Level 1. I had a much easier time on 6 this round as I saved up lots of pepper (8 pepper and 5 petes at the start of it). By the time I cleared the level I was down to 4 petes and 3 pepper.

Level 7 (Level 1 the second time) was not too hard as my pattern still works for the most part, had more enemies and it was faster. Level 8 (aka Level 2) was really really hard, I had 4 petes and 3 pepers at the start and lost them all here.

Made a Level 1 Video, no sound but shows my basic approach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ET13dOtCE0

One game (not my best) I was able to herd all the baddies into one pile (different pattern that I was not recording, but have been trying to re-create) and managed to drop them at least 6 times as a group from different burger parts. My score at the end of Level 1 was 24,500.

This might be the wrong thread for this but, since i'm new to using emulators -What button is the Option Button?

I was playing Preview Beef Drop on the atari800winplus. I can't change the skill level.

The game plays just like the 7800 version of Beef Drop.

I guess this high score doesn't count but it's the same game, i think.

This might be the wrong thread for this but, since i'm new to using emulators -What button is the Option Button?

I was playing Preview Beef Drop on the atari800winplus. I can't change the skill level.

Option = F2

Select=F3

Start=F4

Reset=F5

And no the score there wouldn't count since it's an entirely different platform. Sure the games play similar but they are different in subtle ways. Of coarse there's always the chance of Beef Drop ending up as the game of choice for the A8 HSC one of these days.

Option = F2

Select=F3

Start=F4

Reset=F5

And no the score there wouldn't count since it's an entirely different platform. Sure the games play similar but they are different in subtle ways. Of coarse there's always the chance of Beef Drop ending up as the game of choice for the A8 HSC one of these days.

Thanks. I'll have to write down what the buttons do.

I didn't think that score would count. I was just trying out some different games on the atari800winplus and i seen Preview Beef Drop

In the game listings, And i though i'd give it a go.

Thanks again!

One important difference is when you drop the bad guys, on the 7800 they continue from where they were dropped to (like the arcade) and on the 8bit/5200 versions they spawn the same as the do when they are smashed, they come in from the screen edges. I am also sure there might be slight speed differences here or there. I think I also fixed a couple of minor differences in the board from the arcade on a couple screens on the 7800 (there was a couple of ladders where there shouldn't be in the 5200/8bit version)

--Ken

Edited by kenfused

One important difference is when you drop the bad guys, on the 7800 they continue from where they were dropped to (like the arcade) and on the 8bit/5200 versions they spawn the same as the do when they are smashed, they come in from the screen edges.

No wonder I like the 7800 much more. I did not even notice it when I just bought it. I play the 7800 much more often since it is now in my CC2.

Edited by Almost Rice