IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished Bioshock. Now I'm bouncing between GTA V, Madden 25, and X-com Enemy Unknown.

I picked up X-com as a PS Plus freebie. It's great game but extremely difficult. The first time I played it I got several hours in only to learn that I could not win based on the engineering choices I made.

I'm ready to start with Batman - Arkham City today :)

That's a great series...I heard the new game is a disappointment and I haven't bought it. Maybe someday when it's cheap.

Finally finished Bioshock. Now I'm bouncing between GTA V, Madden 25, and X-com Enemy Unknown.

I picked up X-com as a PS Plus freebie. It's great game but extremely difficult. The first time I played it I got several hours in only to learn that I could not win based on the engineering choices I made.

You'll be busy for a while with those. I never played the Bioshock series, its in my backlog.

I'm playing Mass Effect for the first time. (Trilogy). I wonder if any changes were made on the first game for PS3.

I just finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

I didn't think I'd like it. I didn't think controlling two characters at the same time would work.

I was pretty much wrong on both accounts. I say pretty much, because occassionally I would have trouble with the controls. As long as I made sure to keep the younger brother on my right and the older on my left, I was fine. But as soon as they crossed for any reason, I would end up going in the exact opposite direction that I intended. :)

Very short game (under three hours), but fun!

In the end, I never would have purchased this game (and still would not unless I found it for a buck or something). But as a PS Plus freebie, I'll take it.

That's a great series...I heard the new game is a disappointment and I haven't bought it. Maybe someday when it's cheap.

You'll be busy for a while with those. I never played the Bioshock series, its in my backlog.

I'm playing Mass Effect for the first time. (Trilogy). I wonder if any changes were made on the first game for PS3.

I thought Arkham Origins was very good. If anything it suffers from too much Bane, but it has the same great gameplay that made Arkham great, and the story is quite good.

Bioshock is one of the best FPSs I've played. Like all FPSs the enemies get repetitive after a while, but the variety of ways you can dispatch them keeps the game somewhat fresh. And the atmosphere and story are the best I've experienced in a shooter.

Still playing Project Diva on Hard. After getting about 8 or more of the songs Perfected with E's in almost all of the others.

Otherwise picked up Ar Tonelico Qoga again to give it another chance. Really wasn't impressed with the battle system the first time I went through it, and I'm still not too impressed with it for the same reasons. Just going to have to hope it gets a bit easier since when it comes to some enemies they'll always run directly for the reyvateil. Started over from the beginning since I couldn't remember a damned thing about how to play the game after all this time. Haven't gotten back up to where I left off last time.

How is that game?

I had a lot of fun with LA Noire for the first two weeks, but then it got a bit boring. I think that's probably because I got the "Complete" edition, where a handful of extra cases got added to the story, stretching it for too long. They probably should've kept the story more focused and presented the DLC stuff as optional cases I think. But still, I'd recommend it - especially if you ever liked "Heavy Rain" on the PS3, as the atmosphere is quite similar :)

I had a lot of fun with LA Noire for the first two weeks, but then it got a bit boring.

That's the one negative I see a lot in reviews for that game. Most say it gets repetitive after a while. I'd still like to check it out, though. I'll probably pick up a used copy one of these days during a Gamestop B2G1 sale.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put in two hours today on Final Fantasy XIII-3 before I reached my limit. I just can't force myself to go any farther. Good God this game is horrible. It's mostly fetch quests that you have to complete before a timer runs out and the world ends. Kind of like playing Majora's Mask, except without any of the fun bits.

I found a cheap copy of Skyrim Legendary edition on the same store run, so at least I'll finally get to play Dawnguard and Dragonborn.

Since I downloaded it for free (being a PS+ subscriber) I just started playing Xcom. AWESOME game and can't believe I didn't really pay attention to this game when it was first released. I still have Metro Last Light to check out but right now, I'm addicted to Xcom.

I have that too on PSplus but haven't gotten to it yet...is it turn based?

I have that too on PSplus but haven't gotten to it yet...is it turn based?

Yes it is. Same style as FF Tactics where you move and position your people. You promote them (giving them new abilities), equip them, hire & fire them, train them, and more. You have to build your facility, research new items to build, manufacture items..... lots to do but not overwhelming at all. Lots and lots of strategy & planning.

I'm loving it.

• Like 1

Lots and lots of strategy & planning.

I enjoyed the heck out of X-com, and finished it for the first time a few weeks ago. My only complaint with it is that it's very easy to get many hours into the game and find that it's impossible to win because you made the wrong planning decisions. It took me two tries to finish it successfully.

I love how deadly a good sniper can become in this game.