IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

It's a nice game. Unfortunately, you do not have an open world to explore, as to go to point A to point B, you MUST follow the path the developers planned. Any attempt to do otherwise will result in a fatal fall.

And Nilin is very eye-candy :D

Finished Velocity Ultra yesterday... fun shmup/maze game that grew from a PSN mini to an expanded PSN version with a platinum trophy.

Velocity expanded into Velocity Ultra only in terms of assets; the game content itself, even the bonus zones and mini-games, was the same as before, which should tell you just how big it was as a Mini! Enough meat for a Platinum Trophy even back then!

Finishing a perfect 42 second speed run of the final level wasn't easy.

I couldn't get it until I cut my fingernails to a more button-friendly length, and then it wasn't too bad (on the PSP, I mean, as I haven't actually gotten around to Ultra yet).

In case you aren't aware, the sequel, Velocity 2X, is currently in development (PSV/PS4). Look it up!

onmode-ky

In case you aren't aware, the sequel, Velocity 2X, is currently in development (PSV/PS4). Look it up!

onmode-ky

Awesome!! My only wish for a sequel is that the search & rescue mazes could be more difficult. There were a few tricky levels, like The Wells, but the only difficulty was figuring out how to finish within the target time. A few 'how the heck do I get over there??' levels would have been nice.

I enjoyed the heck out of X-com, and finished it for the first time a few weeks ago. My only complaint with it is that it's very easy to get many hours into the game and find that it's impossible to win because you made the wrong planning decisions. It took me two tries to finish it successfully.

I love how deadly a good sniper can become in this game.

Yeah, I found that out. I didn't realize how much planning you have to do on research-engineering to really become effective.

As an example, my first play thru I didn't build satellites until I had the money-engineers-energy-uplinks ready to go. Then when I did build satellites, I found it took 20 days construction and that was too long as countries were leaving the coalition because of panic. So I restarted the game and started building satellites right away and when I had the uplink & energy available, I could launch immediately and prevented countries from leaving the coalition.

I'm loving the game. I sometimes get frustrated when I have an enemy flanked, with an 85% chance of hitting him in his exposed back, and I MISS, or sometimes when enemies pop up there is an army of them for my 6 people to deal with, but the game is GREAT and I can't stop playing.

Just finished Remember Me on normal difficulty. Given I only got about 1/5 of the data bug things, I suspect I missed a lot of those extras. Not entirely sure what I'll pick up next - there's several jrpgs that I've technically started that I keep putting down.

Except for "platinum", it's useless trying to find all the bugs... memory remixes, on the other hand, can be quite fun to play with and find all possible memory glitches.

I'm on Infamous 2, after I finished the first in normal difficulty, "good guy" karma.

But basically, I can only play a few hours every week-end...

Most of my PS3 use lately has actually been participation in some limited-time events in the Asia and Japan regions of PS Home, but I poked around in the North American one lately and noticed some interesting new Atari-licensed avatar items being sold. In addition to the expected caps and shirts for avatars, there's a CX-40-shaped hat, a 2600-shaped backpack, a backpack shaped like a 2600 cartridge (different game between the male and female versions; one was Yars' Revenge, I think), and, most amusingly, avatar companions in the form of the CX-40, Yorgle the Yellow Duck Dragon, the Combat tank, and the Centipede. So you could run around in Home with Yorgle chasing after you for old times' sake. The companions are $3 each, and the other stuff ranges between $1.50 and $2. These aren't the only Atari items in Home, some actual games (bundled with furniture items like a 2600 console or an upright, cabaret, or cocktail cabinet) having been made available about a year ago, running on Code Mystics' emulation. Even funnier, I recall that one of the rewards you could unlock if you got Adventure was a Yorgle suit for your avatar. So, now it seems you can be Yorgle chased by Yorgle.

I typically avoid spending money on online-only things, so these won't be going into my shopping cart . . . but I may not be able to hold out much longer on the Scramble and Super Cobra arcade cabinets (also running on Code Mystics' emulation). I'd been hoping those would make it to the PSV's Home Arcade as cross-buy purchases, thus not requiring Home login to play, but it doesn't look like that's happening for the second wave of Konami games in Home.

onmode-ky

Just finished Tomb Raider. That game was just the right difficulty. It gave me a challenge in some spots but I never needed to get online for a solution to a puzzle or a boss.

Now playing The Amazing Spider-man. I love the combat, but some of the moves are a bit tricky, and I stink at the QTEs.

• Like 1

Arkham City, after grabbing it as a Plus freebie. I actually had to stop and look online to figure out how to do the third augmented challenge.

I spent entirely too long getting started on Persona 4 Golden on the Vita, but got aggravated when I didn't have the right persona to defeat the first boss. I would have had to start over completely to remedy it. I hate games like that.