IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

I am still playing Final Fantasy X HD. I didn't know this was the international version until I tried to back track to do some stuff before the final show down, and I have those bloody dark Aeons blocking my way at key points. I've given in and using Yojimbo to take care of those. I am not spending endless hours in the Omega ruins.

After this, I don't know. Based on cimerians's comment, I did pick up a physical copy of Dragon's Dogma... or maybe I'll go back to the PC and actually finish Skyrim on a platform for once. Or maybe something out of the rpg genre.

FF X is on my soon to try list, I read they did a good job remastering. You should give Dragons Dogma a play...the first 30 minutes I thought I wasted my money and that my friend was nuts recommending it to me but it became my favorite RPG (maybe better than Skyrim). I just really liked the pawn system and you can use my pawn if you need help (she's level 120+). I think Mord has a Pawn too if you need more help. I used Moycon's on the Xbox 360. (Friends pawns don't require rift crystals to use)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah although I'm not quite up to lv100 yet myself. I suppose I should log on to it in online mode once in a while. Heat in the apartment is in that iffy stage right now. Not as hot as last week, so I've been turning the consoles on again here and there.

Dead Space 3, the July PS+ free game.

Nice but... I feel the weapons are underpowered (maybe it'll get better as I upgrade them ?) and having played Doom3 (and all extensions) already, I feel like nothing can surprise me anymore.

I have the feeling I will cancel my PS+ soon as I don't plan to get a PS4 and I do not have time to play the games (except like, at the moment, when I had an accident and must stay home), I have a 500Go PS3 hard drive filled to the limit... And even some games still wrapped.

I've been playing Puppeteer, a PS+ freebie. It's decent. The two player mode has very little for player two to do, though.

I have the feeling I will cancel my PS+ soon as I don't plan to get a PS4 and I do not have time to play the games (except like, at the moment, when I had an accident and must stay home), I have a 500Go PS3 hard drive filled to the limit... And even some games still wrapped.

The problem I'm finding with Plus is that I feel pressured to play a lot of games I don't really enjoy. I feel like I'm paying for them so i if I don't play them it's a waste of money. Like you I have new games I bought that I haven't played yet, and that's because I feel like I need to finish some Plus games and get them off my hard drive first.

Edited by WestofHouse
  • Like 1

Just started playing LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. It's charming, amusing, and fun, just like the rest of the LEGO games. Some of the platform jumping is frustrating, also just like the rest of the LEGO games. I've been playing co-op with my daughter and she says it's her favorite Playstation game now.

That's exactly it, WestOfHouse.

It doesn't really bother me because I don't download everything I get (but I make sure I check them out). I do the same on Steam. I will also uninstall stuff that I tried and didn't like or finished and know I wont go back to.........but hey its not for everyone it does cost money but for me its been worth it.

Just started playing LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. It's charming, amusing, and fun, just like the rest of the LEGO games. Some of the platform jumping is frustrating, also just like the rest of the LEGO games. I've been playing co-op with my daughter and she says it's her favorite Playstation game now.

Me and my daughter finished that game as well as Skylanders. One game she always wants to play, even now, is Fat Princess. We also had a blast going through Scott Pilgrim (there's a middle finger here and there but its a great game to co-op with your kid).

Going back to that Lego game, we have a lot of fun just messing around in the city and doing some of the side missions in there also I didnt feel this game was too hard either (it just seemed like it wasnt as frustrating as some of the others)

FF X is on my soon to try list, I read they did a good job remastering. You should give Dragons Dogma a play...the first 30 minutes I thought I wasted my money and that my friend was nuts recommending it to me but it became my favorite RPG (maybe better than Skyrim). I just really liked the pawn system and you can use my pawn if you need help (she's level 120+). I think Mord has a Pawn too if you need more help. I used Moycon's on the Xbox 360. (Friends pawns don't require rift crystals to use)

I found reference in another post you made about the PS3 game genie, so max gil for FF X HD is going to save me a lot of grinding.

And yes... the remaster is generally excellent.

All that said, I doubt Dragons Dogma will be getting any attention from me in the near future. Soccer season is going to start again soon where I am coaching my kids and I am a referee as well, so usually games don't get the time of day from me until the winter break.... I am going to be young enough so long to do all of that... the games will be there later.

I found reference in another post you made about the PS3 game genie, so max gil for FF X HD is going to save me a lot of grinding.

And yes... the remaster is generally excellent.

All that said, I doubt Dragons Dogma will be getting any attention from me in the near future. Soccer season is going to start again soon where I am coaching my kids and I am a referee as well, so usually games don't get the time of day from me until the winter break.... I am going to be young enough so long to do all of that... the games will be there later.

Oh definitely they will always be there.

Yep the game genie for PS3 is pretty sweet can save you TONS of time that you just can't devote anymore. Actually makes some games more enjoyable. By the way when you do get to Dragons Dogma, use the Game Genie for max gold. It will save you time from farming to make those special items or buy those expensive high level weapons.

Oh definitely they will always be there.

Yep the game genie for PS3 is pretty sweet can save you TONS of time that you just can't devote anymore. Actually makes some games more enjoyable. By the way when you do get to Dragons Dogma, use the Game Genie for max gold. It will save you time from farming to make those special items or buy those expensive high level weapons.

I wished it would save me the tedium of having to dodge 200 lightening bolts (actually not as bad if you know the right spot).. and I suck at blitz ball and that stupid chocobo race just as much now as back in the day. Back then, I think I gave up on Tidus' celestial weapon and just made one that was close....

I wished it would save me the tedium of having to dodge 200 lightening bolts (actually not as bad if you know the right spot).. and I suck at blitz ball and that stupid chocobo race just as much now as back in the day. Back then, I think I gave up on Tidus' celestial weapon and just made one that was close....

I stopped playing the game because of blitzball back on the PS2 although my friend told me it was optional I could have swore you had to play a game just to advance the story and I sucked bad at it and never went back. I just need to try the game again because other than what you pointed out it was really good.

I stopped playing the game because of blitzball back on the PS2 although my friend told me it was optional I could have swore you had to play a game just to advance the story and I sucked bad at it and never went back. I just need to try the game again because other than what you pointed out it was really good.

I think there is only one point early one when you "have to" play one game, but you don't even need to win. You can chose to ignore blitzball after that. You only need to play it if you want Wakka's celestial weapon and what is needed to fully power it.

One big hint... this is the international version with some added content and enemies. Make sure you get all of what you need to do at the temples, including the bonus items you would get with the destruction spheres before you go to Zanarkand. Very nasty bosses that make the final boss look like a wimp will be waiting for you at some of the temples if you have to back track because you forgot something.

Started playing the game about Word War 1, Soldats Inconnus "Unknown soldiers" (don't know the title of the game for other countries)

It"s basically a puzzle game on the topic of WW1, with informations about the dally lives of the soldiers, from both side (you start to play with a French, then an American, then later you play a German). Not too educational, but infos are accurate (I was always interested in WW1 due to the fact our family lost someone in this war, but the corpse was never given back... another "Unknown Soldier" left rotting in a trench somewhere)

Nice. But there is no replayability on this one.

Before, I tried Vessel, but I hate it. (like I hate Braid)

I'll be playing "Jojos Bizarre Adventure HD" a lot during the next days, trying to claim all 12 trophies - at least if it's still possible to get the online ones :)

Jojos BA has a pretty cool feature: It lets you play the story mode while you're waiting for another online player! And the good news, this morning there actually was another player around, so at 6/12 scored trophies I've already nailed the ones requiring online play :)

• Like 1

My daughter and I are still enjoying free play in Lego Marvel, but I started Dead Space 3 last night (another PS+ freebie). So far I'm underwhelmed. Collision detection seems very spotty between bullets and baddies, and it takes entirely too many shots to take down anything. I'm also not a big fan of having to stomp everything in order to find loot.

Edited by WestofHouse

My daughter and I are still enjoying free play in Lego Marvel, but I started Dead Space 3 last night (another PS+ freebie). So far I'm underwhelmed. Collision detection seems very spotty between bullets and baddies, and it takes entirely too many shots to take down anything. I'm also not a big fan of having to stomp everything in order to find loot.

Yeah, I agree with this. Most enemies acts like a bullet sponge, but maybe when weapons are upgraded it'll get better.

Yeah, I agree with this. Most enemies acts like a bullet sponge, but maybe when weapons are upgraded it'll get better.

The biggest problem is that when you first hit a baddie it goes through a short animation reflecting the hit, and it seems if you shoot them during that animation it doesn't register as a hit.

I'm playing Dragon Crown. It's good fun, but in big battles when there are several enemies and allies on the screen at once it's impossible to tell what is going on. At that point it just turns into a button-masher. Plus I can't figure out how to do the side quests. They give locations, but those locations aren't showing on my map.

• 2 weeks later...

Still into Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Really love the art style and the somewhat lighter feel to it. The battle system was a little off-putting for me at first with what is to me an awkward use of dpad and analogue style but it's worth it a few hours in. Wife and I really enjoyed co-oping D3 so I'm looking at the expansion but I don't want to pay for the whole thing again, which it seems to require? Maybe I'm afflicted with dumb here.