IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

So for those playing the game, the item limit placed on the game doesn't seem to work properly, resulting in these crashes when you go into stores and potentially when moving from area to area that are connected to one another. (If you use the map it seems safe to travel like this)

That explains why I've never run into it. I'm pretty good about keeping my inventory clear. Pretty much anytime I have items and money to fuse with, I'm visiting dear sister to upgrade stuff. Plus, I hardly ever move area to adjacent area, preferring to use the map for travel.

I've completed one run-thru of Tears to Tiara II. I loved this one.

I spent 115 hours on this one, and although there is a New Game+ and a bonus dungeon, I've been pretty single mindedly dedicated to this one for almost 4 weeks. I'm wanting to shift gears and play something else (perhaps a bit more casually) for a while. However, I think I will get back to this one in the future.

High Points

1. The story was like a good anime that takes itself mostly serious.
  2. I enjoyed ALL the characters. While I definitely enjoy some more than others, there are none that I hated or didn't want to use.
  3. The Tactical RPG mechanics were much more in line with the 16-bit and PS1 era games which I find superior to the more recent style seen in ,for example, Disgaea and it's cousins.
  4. The voice acting was so good that even though I know maybe 4 words of Japanese, the quality shone through. I could read the subtitles much more quickly, but I WANTED to hear the voice acting, because it was just that good.
  5. The writers know how to tug the heartstrings and get the reader/watcher invested.
  • Like 2

Remember Me can be entertaining for the story at least, although there is one unpatched bug in the game to be careful of that affects 2 bosses. Well, technically 1 boss and 1 mini-boss. Both are the same enemy type. Can't remember the character's name although you're looking for him for half the game. Basically if you finish him off with the combo sequence at the end and there are still henchmen alive, the game will fail to actually "finish off" the boss. And leave you stuck in the room until you reset the game.

Luckily you can avoid this by beating the boss down til he's ready to be combo-ed (all dazed), then finish off the henchmen before doing the combo. There's no rush, he'll stay dazed until the combo attempt, so just finish the others off normally.

I had to go searching online to find this out myself. Seriously pissed me off. :ponder:

I've completed one run-thru of Tears to Tiara II. I loved this one.

I spent 115 hours on this one, and although there is a New Game+ and a bonus dungeon, I've been pretty single mindedly dedicated to this one for almost 4 weeks. I'm wanting to shift gears and play something else (perhaps a bit more casually) for a while. However, I think I will get back to this one in the future.

High Points

1. The story was like a good anime that takes itself mostly serious.
  2. I enjoyed ALL the characters. While I definitely enjoy some more than others, there are none that I hated or didn't want to use.
  3. The Tactical RPG mechanics were much more in line with the 16-bit and PS1 era games which I find superior to the more recent style seen in ,for example, Disgaea and it's cousins.
  4. The voice acting was so good that even though I know maybe 4 words of Japanese, the quality shone through. I could read the subtitles much more quickly, but I WANTED to hear the voice acting, because it was just that good.
  5. The writers know how to tug the heartstrings and get the reader/watcher invested.

I found it after some searching, but I will probably return it. I didn't read item #4 carefully enough.

Played some Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd tonight.

Bad news? The game launched with two "Clubs" (season passes) which amount to $100 of DLC. Plus, even though I bought the Extra Character Pack for the previous game (before it became free), and there were rumors the new game would recognize that and make them available in this one, the Extra Character Pack is a separate $3 extra. Ugh.

Played some Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd tonight.

Bad news? The game launched with two "Clubs" (season passes) which amount to $100 of DLC. Plus, even though I bought the Extra Character Pack for the previous game (before it became free), and there were rumors the new game would recognize that and make them available in this one, the Extra Character Pack is a separate $3 extra. Ugh.

I said the same thing in the miku thread just then before checking here. A bit more wordy though.

I've got the main songs all unlocked (39 in total iirc) but didn't clear the last one on normal. "Normal" this time around is somewhere between Normal and Hard in the last game. ^^

I'll be playing the game, and I got it on the PS3 and Vita, but I have no intentions of spending another 100 dollars on DLC for it. Luckily there's enough content in the game itself, plus you can import the majority of the modules you unlock in the first game. Minus the DLCed ones of course. Snow Miku for instance doesn't port over. Or the Extra Modules as you point out. I'll wait a few weeks to see what they end up doing with it, it's probably possible that it's just a bug that we're not getting the Extra Modules as free despite what it says in the description. Otherwise I downloaded the bonus skins and the Vita mode's Edit functionality. I can only assume they had trouble fitting everything in the cartridge version...

Anyway I'll be playing this until the weekend on the PS3. Then since family will be liberating the PS3 version from grasp for the near future I'll probably switch over to Ar Nosurge since one of the local gamestops/ebgames had new ungutted copies surprisingly.

Edited by Mord

Now playing. Dead or Alive Ultimate.

By playing of course I mean I am waiting for my disc based game to finish downloading and installing it's 506mb update after which I will either be able to play or need to wait for another update to install...

The suspense is like a game in itself!

:)

Now playing. Dead or Alive Ultimate.

By playing of course I mean I am waiting for my disc based game to finish downloading and installing it's 506mb update after which I will either be able to play or need to wait for another update to install...

The suspense is like a game in itself!

:)

The only ultimate thing I've seen about that game is the level of DLC you have to buy in addition to the game - otherwise you have little more than the original DoA5. :ponder:

Just finished Dead Space 3-My god...what a slog.

Huge fan of the 1st game, hated what they'd done with 2nd and they just p*ssed all over the magic of the original even further with this.Guys, if i wanted QTE's, TK stuff galore, block shifting puzzles with foes attacking me whilst i'm trying to solve them, i'll pick up a Saturn with Die Hard Arcade (QTEs) or dig out the DC with Shen Mue (More QTES) or Soul Reaver (block shifting shat, TK stuff)...just...ohhh, just....

Started in on Ar Nosurge last night. I'm not entirely sure what to think yet.

Wasn't a good impression when I put the disc in the PS3 for the first time and ... the system blackscreened on me. I had to kill the power on the power bar to shut the ps3 down since pressing the power button did nothing. (There was no activity on the harddrive during all this, and it wasn't just delayed - gave it about 10 minutes to actually do anything.)

During that time I did a search online and found there's a few bugs that have been in the game since the Japanese version, so it looks like Gust has no interest in fixing their game or they would have done it long ago.

Main ones I found included:

1. Make sure you do the required install of the game prior to applying the patch that the game does have. If you don't (and given that the ps3 will prompt you to apply the bug prior to giving you a chance to install it...) then the game is apparently going to freeze on the first screen. As a result I made sure I installed it when I tried a second time with this.

I have no way of knowing if the patch above fixes the below two things or not but either way...

2. Some enemies have a particular skill they can use to end your turn. If you're using a particular skill/spell/whatever, I can't remember which one, then the game freezes on you. Sorta like the Ar Tonelico 2 bug with Raki in the optional boss fight near the end of the game, although that particular bug was introduced in the localization rather than being there since the Japanese version. Doing a search can find out the skills in question.

3. Apparently there's a missable event in Phase 2 of one of the paths that, when missed, prevents the story from progressing during Phase 3 later on. IE: story events stop progressing, making it impossible to complete the game without either starting over, or from a save file prior to the missed event.

So with these things in mind, I'm a bit weary of playing the game, but continuing on regardless. As high points, the music is very similar (predictably) to Ar Tonelico. Various mechanics in the game also run the same or very similar. When I think about it, it's kinda like they mixed in the elements from Ar Tonelico 1, 2, and 3. (inserting crystals, bath houses, and as a result the skimpy clothing. >_>) Apparently lots of conversations to collect as well. I won't start ranting about the DLC's apparent unlock-codeness for several of the things.

Thankfully the battle system is far more like Ar Tonelico 2. I would have written the game off entirely if it was similar to Ar Tonelico 3.

Got the "The Jackbox Party Pack" over the weekend, in preparation of "quality family time" later this week.

Includes the You Don't Know Jack quiz/party game with all-new questions for 2015; that's the main draw. Also includes several other party games they've put together and bundled in. Uses web-enabled devices (your phone, tablet, whatever) as controllers so you don't need to lug around a pile of gamepads and batteries.

If you haven't heard of You Don't Know Jack, it's a quiz game that originated on PCs in the late 90s and has a lot of character. The "Dis or Dat" category can be a boon or bust; it's a quickfire-type round where the losing player has to quickly choose whether the statement flashed on screen falls into one category or another. I didn't do so great when it was "Justin Bieber or Curious George Antics?", but nailed "Beatrice Potter Character or Fish Disease?".

I'm still playing Project Diva F 2nd. Normal is basically too tough for me. I can clear a couple of songs, and a couple more with help items, but otherwise it's just beyond my coordination. But that's fine this time around because this one has been really good about making the modules/costumes available to scrub players like me. I'm missing out on a a few modules which only unlock on Hard and Extreme, but I've at least been able to get all my favorites.

I jumped back into Warriors Orochi 3, and finally set down with it for the couple of dozen hours needed to unlock all the characters. I like this one more than Dynasty Warriors 8 because I get to play the characters I want to play rather than being forced to play one of a specific set of three. Anyway, now I'm burnt out on Warriors games for a while and will be looking for something else.

I think they were a bit lazy in doing the targets for the different modes this time around. For instance, I was afraid to attempt Hard after experiencing Normal which I agree felt harder than Normal on the first game. But overall Hard isn't a LOT harder than Normal. They mix in the 4 buttons instead of keeping it to 2, but the speed and usually the quantity of targets don't change a lot between the two modes. This means some of the target tricks they use in Normal on 2nd are the types of tricks they only used on Hard in the previous game.

I cleared all the songs on Normal after a couple of days, getting mostly E's with some G's after a few re-tries, and even got Perfect on I'll Miku Miku You (Probably because it's by far the shortest song in the game.) The biggest handicap for me was that I simply didn't know most of the songs so it was hard to get a groove to them on the first few tries.

I haven't had too much trouble with Hard mode, although while not critically different from Normal, it is still at least harder. For the songs I've tried on Hard, I've got mostly S's with a couple G's.

My PS3 copy of the game is currently on "extended loan" with my Niece though, so my progress has been gimped by having to use the Vita version. Vita controls just feel less comfortable to me, causing me to miss targets I normally wouldn't have any trouble with.

Buying the modules is far easier this time around compared to playing earlier games however. The max diva point bonus is much harder to obtain now (I saw people getting Perfects on Extreme getting like a quarter million diva points per attempt or more on the first game. ^^) but you get a lot more diva points just playing Easy mode. (Closer to 10k per song if you get a E/P compared to 3-4k) plus there's that new spotlight bonus that shows up occasionally. Meanwhile failing a song still nets you close to 1000 points compared to a couple hundred or less in the first game. I'm guessing they got a lot of complaints on that, or they modified it specifically for NA release.

As for me, since I can't play the Vita that long in one sitting without my hands cramping up, I'm gaming more on Ar Nosurge as I mentioned above. Starting to get a hang on the battle system. They've started doing a lot of Breaking the Fourth Wall lately. Seeems like the player (you) is actually worked into the storyline. I suppose with the way the story is developing, it does seem to make a bit of sense to do this. I'm guessing this player reference was played out a lot in the Ar NoCiel game it sequels, where that was an online game.

Also, while I have zero plan on buying DLC for Project Diva 2nd as it stands (Not spending an extra 100+ dollars on a 50 dollar game) I'll reconsider it down the road if the club costs go on sale for at least 50% off their current prices. But honestly even then it's going to be a hard sell for them as I just can't justify that kind of DLC strategy. And looking at the total number of new modules in the base game, it probably explains why they threw all the costumes from the previous game in - to make it look like the game actually has a lot of fresh new content, when most of it seems to be withheld for DLC. It's really rather disappointing.