IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

It is the Asian version of Africa. It has English available unlike the Japanese release.

What is "Hakuna Matata"? Is that a Lion King game or something lol :P

Oh nice, I wanted to play that game. Just curious, how do you like it so far? And good to know about that release... I'll get that version then if I decide to import it.

I heard it's being released in America under the National Geographic license soon. Might be worth waiting for the US version.

I like it, but I have eclectic taste. I find it is relaxing and takes some patience. I enjoy photography in real life so this is fun for me since I'll probably never go to Africa. I emailed National Geographic in December about the American release and they respond that the press release information was incorrect and they aren't releasing it. If you go to their site and look at the official press releases you'll notice they took the references out. They actually helped make the game since there are a lot of references to Nat Geo, but they said that Sony owns the publishing rights and its up to them. That's why I went ahead and bought the import from Playasia since Sony seems to think there isn't a market for these type of games in the west.

I like it, but I have eclectic taste. I find it is relaxing and takes some patience. I enjoy photography in real life so this is fun for me since I'll probably never go to Africa. I emailed National Geographic in December about the American release and they respond that the press release information was incorrect and they aren't releasing it. If you go to their site and look at the official press releases you'll notice they took the references out. They actually helped make the game since there are a lot of references to Nat Geo, but they said that Sony owns the publishing rights and its up to them. That's why I went ahead and bought the import from Playasia since Sony seems to think there isn't a market for these type of games in the west.

Wow thanks for the update. I was waiting for this game as well. Am I to understand the Asia version has English and if so do you mean English dialog or just like sub-titles?

The game only has text, no voice work. I bought the chinese version online from Playasia, which has a good reputation. The Chinese versions usually have english as a option because of Hong Kong.

thanks for the info. my wife might like that one--though the videos practically put her to sleep. she's been talking about a photo safari forever--and I don't want to go.

anyhow since I can't edit the last post. I got my g25 wheel yesterday. it's a helluva cockpit load versus people playing on a gamepad, but I'm not comming in last online... I'm running gran turismo 5p with 'power steering', and just a 2 on feedback strength. still if I exceed grip, I risk 'fishtailing' where the feedback pushes my wheel to one side, the car responds in a way the pushes the wheel to the other side (naturally this repeats until the car comes to a complete stop)

It cost me a lot, but unless I'm missing something, force feedback sucks. Is this normal? a setup item I'm missing? a weakness with feedback in general? or just gran turismo being retarded? and yes, this is my first experience owning a true feedback wheel.

Edited by Reaperman

That's normal for force feedback. It can hinder you until you get used to what it's telling you, then you can actually become faster. It can also depend on how well the game company setup the FF in their game and how realistic their driving physics are. I don't have Gran Turismo so I can't comment on that specifically.

The game only has text, no voice work. I bought the chinese version online from Playasia, which has a good reputation. The Chinese versions usually have english as a option because of Hong Kong.

Snagged the Asian version of Afrika off eBay for $35.01 shipped!

Snagged the Asian version of Afrika off eBay for $35.01 shipped!

Awesome deal.. does he have any other copies for sale?

Unfortunately not. Most folks selling on eBay are from Hong Kong selling multiple copies. This guy was from NY and he imported the game (Called Hakuna Matata not Afrika but the same game) 4 months ago and is done with it. My last two PS3 games have been import only and I have my eye on that Demon Souls.

By gum, there might not be a lot in the US to get excited about on the PS3, but that's not to say there aren't things to get excited about elsewhere. I don't pretend to understand the strategy.

Unfortunately not. Most folks selling on eBay are from Hong Kong selling multiple copies. This guy was from NY and he imported the game (Called Hakuna Matata not Afrika but the same game) 4 months ago and is done with it. My last two PS3 games have been import only and I have my eye on that Demon Souls.

By gum, there might not be a lot in the US to get excited about on the PS3, but that's not to say there aren't things to get excited about elsewhere. I don't pretend to understand the strategy.

huh, that's odd, I'm finding quite a few releases I'm excited about here. But to each their own. I'll see if I can find of the afrika game though on ebay :).

huh, that's odd, I'm finding quite a few releases I'm excited about here.

Oh I get excited about quite a few recent releases or to be released also! I'm always looking to unlock new achievements!

Lets just say, the PS3 exclusives are what interest me and many of the ones I'm interested in aren't available in the US for some reason. Hence the comment about not understanding the strategy.

Besides Killzone (and without the online co-op option I'm not all that interested at full price) I can't think of any recent PS3 exclusive games I'd look twice at. I am going to check out that Noby Noby Boy in a little bit though.

Edited by moycon

On DaytonaUSA's recommendation, I'm playing Little Big Planet, best gaming purchase since Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Just spent the whole of last week meticulously crafting a level entitled "ZX Spectrum Adventure". Just working on the weapons and pyrotechnics for the final battle now - how do you make Alan Sugar's head explode without damaging the Spectrum 128 that he's hanging from? Truly a question for our times.

Also enjoying Noby Noby Boy. This is why I bought a PS3, for crazy stuff like this.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently celebrated a birthday, so I took the opportunity to spend some cash on games. I had purchased Grand Theft Auto IV when I bought the system last month, though I am stuck on the "Final Desination" mission. I then picked up Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, whose purchase was justified when my game cart of Phantasy Star II for the Genesis starting refusing to save my game status anymore.

This week, I picked up The Simpson's (AWESOME fun!), Sonic Unleashed, and NBA Live '09. I haven't opened NBA Live yet, as I'm contemplating exchanging it for NBA '09: The Inside.

GTA is amazing, and has always been a favorite game franchise of mine. Although I've put it down at the moment (being frustrated with having to drive for ten minutes each time I die just to get back to the railroad station), it'll always be a favorite, and the online gameplay is a lot of fun. I just need to hone my shooting skills, as I always get my rear handed to me.

The Genesis collection goes without saying. It was worth the price, just to be able to play PSII on my HDTV without blurring.

Sonic Unleashed is quite incredible, but it looks like Sega hasn't attempted to fix/improve the camera views.....as they feel the same as they did in Sonic Adventure almost ten years ago....which was my only complaint with that particular game. At any rate, I find it fun. Once I get through these, I'll pick up Resident Evil 5.....

Edited by tisaperfectdayelise

Playing F.E.A.R. 2 at the moment, whilst I wait for Killzone to arrive in the mail.

I watched a friend of mine play a bit of this (F.E.A.R. 2), and it the idea of playing it alone scares the shit out of me....never the less, it's on my wishlist.....(along with RE5, Little Big Planet, and Mirror's Edge

Edited by tisaperfectdayelise

Playing F.E.A.R. 2 at the moment, whilst I wait for Killzone to arrive in the mail.

I thought F.E.A.R. 2 was amazing in several ways. It really conveyed exceptional creepiness in the storyline and environments, and also gave a lot of clarity to the overarching story line that was missing in previous installments.

And now that they fixed the completely b0rked controls in Killzone 2 it is immensely more playable. :)

• 1 year later...

Guess I'm on a RPG kick right now as I'm playing both Eternal Sonata and White Knight Chronicles on the PS3 and Lunar: Silver Star Harmony on the PSP. When I need a break from questing, I've been trying to finish the Waldgeist expansion to Savage Moon and devouring creatures in Critter Crunch.

Mendon