IGNORED

What PS3 games are you currently playing?

HammR25

I've just got a PS3 today -- a big yay, because it's the system I wanted to get, and a big boo, because I'm not sure what I can get that isn't on the Xbox 360 that's worth playing.

Just depends what kinds of games you like.

Here's a list of all of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_gameshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

The big names are Killzone 2 & 3, Resistance series, Ratchet and Clank series, LittleBigPlanet series, Uncharted series, Gran Turismo 5, Motorstorm series, Infamous series, Heavy Rain.

As for downloadable titles I've enjoyed PixelJunk Shooter, Rochard, several Japanese import PS1 schmups and Namco Museum Essentials that includes Xevious Resurrection.

Hm... after finishing Asura's Wrath I'm back to Lost Planet 2. Feels really odd for a solo gamer like me: You're playing through the campaign with 3 bots on your side and when you die you just respawn infinitely. There's not even a real story, the missions are connected by more or less unrelated cutscenes where you see random some-guy mercenaries doing their job...

I am at 20% into Red Dead Redemption so not that far, but enjoying it so far. I have not tried the Nightmare yet. I did open up and start playing Rayman Origins today, and I must say it is a very good game. The visuals are great, and I really like that it keeps tally of what you collect in each stage and rewards you acordingly. This gives the levels great replay value. Everyone knows about RDD, but I highly recommend Rayman Origins for a 19.99 title.

Just finished Dead Space which I bought years ago and only now have gotten to it. Currently still playing Dragons Dogma.

How was Dead Space? I am thinking this will be my next pickup.

Its a fantastic "Alien" sci-fi horror game. Played it for 9 hours straight with an experienced friend of mine and got through it in one day. LOL

- Its rather difficult on normal for people not used to over the shoulder 3rd person games but not impossibly hard. They do a good job of dishing out ammo drops but still keep you on your toes and checking your inventory. Easy mode is there and nobody should have a problem with that.

- The spaceship, the puzzles and the creatures are an amazing and horrific experience. There's all kinds of stuff that happens while your in that spaceship. :P

- You can use one time cheats to help you out at the start (check gamefaqs for it) for extra extra cash etc.without being punished for using them.

- They do a great job on checkpoints and the save stations are placed in good areas.

- When you beat the game you KEEP all your weapons, money and are awarded a special armor so you can play the game again and really collect everything there is to find and not worry (too much) about wasting ammo etc.

- The only negative I had with the game is that there is a mandatory mini game about halfway through the game that can be quite hard for people to complete. It's kind of like the Star Wars sequence where Luke and Han are shooting Tie-Fighters from the Falcon. Thats all I'll say. :P

To me I'm a bit sad I waited this long. It's the best "survival horror" game this generation of consoles. Wayyy better than Resident Evil 5 and the Silent Hill games in my opinion. I agree with many of the good reviews that were written. Well done.

Edited by cimerians

Just finished Dead Space which I bought years ago and only now have gotten to it. Currently still playing Dragons Dogma.

How was Dead Space? I am thinking this will be my next pickup.

Its a fantastic "Alien" sci-fi horror game. Played it for 9 hours straight with an experienced friend of mine and got through it in one day. LOL

- Its rather difficult on normal for people not used to over the shoulder 3rd person games but not impossibly hard. They do a good job of dishing out ammo drops but still keep you on your toes and checking your inventory. Easy mode is there and nobody should have a problem with that.

- The spaceship, the puzzles and the creatures are an amazing and horrific experience. There's all kinds of stuff that happens while your in that spaceship. :P

- You can use one time cheats to help you out at the start (check gamefaqs for it) for extra extra cash etc.without being punished for using them.

- They do a great job on checkpoints and the save stations are placed in good areas.

- When you beat the game you KEEP all your weapons, money and are awarded a special armor so you can play the game again and really collect everything there is to find and not worry (too much) about wasting ammo etc.

- The only negative I had with the game is that there is a mandatory mini game about halfway through the game that can be quite hard for people to complete. It's kind of like the Star Wars sequence where Luke and Han are shooting Tie-Fighters from the Falcon. Thats all I'll say. :P

To me I'm a bit sad I waited this long. It's the best "survival horror" game this generation of consoles. Wayyy better than Resident Evil 5 and the Silent Hill games in my opinion. I agree with many of the good reviews that were written. Well done.

Thank you, I will be picking it up!

Playing through Borderlands with the wife a second time, in anticipation of the upcoming sequel. Third or fourth time playing the game for us, really, but it's technically "playthrough #2" on this savefile & console.

Borderlands 2 ought to be awesome... I hope they don't junk it up too much or stray too far from what makes the original so great.

Playing through Borderlands with the wife a second time, in anticipation of the upcoming sequel. Third or fourth time playing the game for us, really, but it's technically "playthrough #2" on this savefile & console.

Borderlands 2 ought to be awesome... I hope they don't junk it up too much or stray too far from what makes the original so great.

Rex...whats your PSN name? Need to add you even if you dont play online that much. Normally I would have pre-ordered Borderlands 2 on steam but my friend is getting it on PS3 like I did with the first game so we'll be doing our first run through on PS3. (I figure it will drop in price on Steam later during thanksgiving Black friday and nab it there as well heheh).

Other good games I play with the 'wifey:

Baldurs Gate games on Xbox

Lord of the Rings 3rd age on Xbox

Champions of Norrath games on PS2

Pixel Junk Monsters

LOT War in the North PS3 (not all that good though)

I have been tempted to get the first one.. the "game of the year" edition isn't too hard to find. Every time I think of it, I am reminded of the pile of unplayed games.