IGNORED

Atari 7800 HSC reloaded Round 11 "Robotron: 2084"

darthkur

post-21467-1235190413_thumb.jpg

Not sure if I can do any better. Any humans after level 31 pretty much evaporate immediately. It is nearly impossible to do this with one controller at that point, I need to be able to fire behind me. Only have one gamepad for computer and have not come up with a way to hold both prolines at the same time for the TV. There should be time this weekend though to come up with a holding contraption for the prolines.

I'm amazed that anyone could score that high without using two controllers.

I'm amazed that anyone could score that high without using two controllers.

Lots of practice. I played this from 8pm to 11pm straight. After the (who knows how many games) I finally got up to level 35 with a reserve of 7+ lives. Then they started dropping like flies. Mostly just ran in circles, doing left-right trying to take out a couple grunts at a time. The gamepad really helps as it is super responsive. Though I did notice a few times that It would not fire even though I was moving in one direction and holding down the fire button.

Not sure if I can do any better. Any humans after level 31 pretty much evaporate immediately. It is nearly impossible to do this with one controller at that point, I need to be able to fire behind me.

Wow, my first attempt I scored about the same, but I had dual joysticks. That is incredible that you can get that high without being able to aim in a direction you are not moving to.

I went back to playing Robotron on the emulator.

I wasn't getting better playing Robotron on the actual system.

I keep getting around 1 million points, and my hands were getting sore.

I my opinion Robotron is much more difficult on a emulator. The bulletproof guys are not green but yellow, the same color has the Grunts.

It's sometimes hard to tell them apart. And not knowing were the game border is at, i'll lose a couple lifes thinking i have room to move around but i don't.

Tip- When playing on a emulator use the controller to move and the arrow keys to fire.

Edited by roadrunner

Boy. Using two different input methods at once is going to take some getting used to. It's a bit late to get into a long string of attempts but my first three games (using gamepad and keyboard) were fun. I keep running into bad guys because I am not shooting in the same direction anymore, so it may be hard to retrain, but I will try again tomorrow.

EDIT: Well its 'tomorrow' and I have not been able to break out of the 700,000 range using both the gamepad and the keyboard. It probably would have been better starting that way to begin with. In any event, I will keep at it until the end of this round.

Edited by xZanU

• 2 months later...

Just playing tonight and hit 10 million on level 350..and the damn thing rolls over to 0 at 10 mil!!! Kills any opportunity for the glory screenshot.

The levels roll over at 100 and the score rolls over at 10,000,000...how do you document a high score with this cart?

Just playing tonight and hit 10 million on level 350..and the damn thing rolls over to 0 at 10 mil!!! Kills any opportunity for the glory screenshot.

The levels roll over at 100 and the score rolls over at 10,000,000...how do you document a high score with this cart?

Since it doesn't have a "score board" like the version for the Lynx does the only way to document something like that would be to either take several still shots with a camera or video. To make an official submission to Twin Galaxies you would need to video record the game in it's entirety.