IGNORED

Worst/Most Annoying Atari 8 bit game!

Atari8guy

• 5 weeks later...
The Worst/Most Annoying Atari 8 bit game(s) for me would be. . . . . . .

GOSSIP

To be fair, Gossip really isn't a serious game. It's more of an experimental thing. The 'voices' alone make it worth toying around with now and then.

Tempest

• 2 months later...
Add Spaceball to the list, did anyone actually play this...

Well,

I do know this game, but never really played it for more than a few seconds. I played this "Spaceball" more often, since it is a lot of fun with 2 human players: http://www.atari.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2947

greetings, Andreas Koch.

P.S.: My gold medal for a boring game still goes to Amauroute, great gfx, extremely boring gameplay...

i think you'll find that Monkey Magic was programmed by Steven McIllwie (or however you spell his family name)

Why on earth do you say that since the LINK provided lists him as one of the authors and has his name (correctly spelled) - surely a less oblique and more useful response would have been - just the "avoid anything by Macilwee bit" with out the faux uncertainty...!?!?

sTeVE

"New York City - The Big Apple" springs to mind....

Oh,

come on, this is actually a fun game - if you know what to do in the given places...

...and if you don`t, read the text in the attachment. -Andreas Koch.

Yeah, I agree, for a budget game this was pretty playable and at least it had some challenges and varied gameplay :)

Might be even more playable with those hints. Thanks CC

Edited by therealbountybob

"New York City - The Big Apple" springs to mind....

Oh,

come on, this is actually a fun game - if you know what to do in the given places...

...and if you don`t, read the text in the attachment. -Andreas Koch.

You should insert these informations in Atari XXL, Das Grosse Spielehanbuch (maybe an English version).

[off-topic]

Hello Philsan,

I already sent Bunsen (Gunnar Busse) all my tips, tricks, hints, cheats and codes plus all the solutions I have collected for the A8 over the years. Afaik, he is now working on "Das große Spielebuch - level two" (the big games book - level two). Of course all solutions to english adventures will be presented in english language then (a translation there would not make any sense) - but I am not sure how he presents all other things, e.g. he might translate the hints to NYC and other games into german language.

You may ask why - simply because most members of Abbuc are from Germany and approx. 40-50% of the german members are sixty years old (or even older) and do not speak nor understand english. On the other hand Abbuc could do two versions of the book(s), one version with mainly german language and one version with mainly english language, but I am not sure if they can afford it and furthermore if Abbuc already has so many english (speaking) members that its worth it...

greetings, Andreas Koch.

[off-topic]