IGNORED

HSC Season 1 Week 9: 1942

Deteacher

http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=2...541&vi=5226

Above is the link to Twin Galaxies. The "official" rules are 3 lives at normal difficulty. (However, I am still okay with two lives) Check out the first place score.....ridiculous. I'm not sure I would want to play a game as long as it must take to get that kind of a score.

I've never played 1942 in MAME before, so after I downloaded, installed and ran it, the settings were for 2 lives and normal difficulty. Since there really isn't another way I know of to tell what the default settings are, I'm going to go with that as the default settings.

2 lives

Normal difficulty

Bonus lives at 20K, 80K and 80K+

Seems like most everyone went with those settings anyway. :) Sorry for the confusion. In future weeks, I'll be more specific about the default settings. :)

Expect to see everything updated sometime this morning. I got snow day today. :)

I've never played 1942 in MAME before, so after I downloaded, installed and ran it, the settings were for 2 lives and normal difficulty. Since there really isn't another way I know of to tell what the default settings are, I'm going to go with that as the default settings.

2 lives

Normal difficulty

Bonus lives at 20K, 80K and 80K+

Seems like most everyone went with those settings anyway. :) Sorry for the confusion. In future weeks, I'll be more specific about the default settings. :)

Expect to see everything updated sometime this morning. I got snow day today. :)

Sounds good to me.

Ok, I'm in. Great to see HSC going for mame!

I gotta make some room on my desk for my control panel (slik stik), cause playing this game with the keyboard just stinks.

Starting out at 50,610

And hey..... remind me which key takes a screenshot in mame32.

I think you flight over a city, and after the last stage, the game ends with a message in the lines of 'we give up, you are too good at this' or something like that. I only saw the cities once.

Edited by Osbo

I think you flight over a city, and after the last stage, the game ends with a message in the lines of 'we give up, you are too good at this' or something like that. I only saw the cities once.

Please tell me that when you saw that city stage it was somebody else playing or you continued a lot. :|

Why do I get the feeling your going to submit a seriously high score any minute now. :(

Please tell me that when you saw that city stage it was somebody else playing or you continued a lot. :|

Why do I get the feeling your going to submit a seriously high score any minute now. :(

dude, you are taking this too seriously.

No I was watching a dude play many years ago.

p/s I just played one more game before bed time... playing with the keyboard sucks @ss!!

post-219-1236205013_thumb.png

Edited by Osbo

Playing with 2 lives this time. Oh, and a piece of advice... two actually:

1. Your loop-de-loops aren't just there for effect. They can protect you from being a fallen hero of WWII!

2. Don't stay too close to the bottom. While crashing your plane into the large ones will result in their instant destruction, you are NOT a kamikaze pilot!

Scores have been updated and are current as of this post. Sorry for the lag, folks. In spite of the snow day, work from home had me tied up. It's my busy season, but enough excuses. I'll do better to keep things updated. Still have to add up the point totals, which I'll get to asap. :)

Otherwise, glad to see everyone enjoying the week. :)

Scores have been updated and are current as of this post. Sorry for the lag, folks. In spite of the snow day, work from home had me tied up. It's my busy season, but enough excuses. I'll do better to keep things updated. Still have to add up the point totals, which I'll get to asap. :)

Otherwise, glad to see everyone enjoying the week. :)

no rush...I don't do that for the score but for the fun of playing arcade game !!!!

This game is so hard to play with the keyboard, that I fell like smashing the laptop against the wall.

Boy do I hear that. Sometimes playing these old games (especially with a keyboard) makes me get mad like when I was a kid. Thankfully, nobody is around to witness my infinite rage. That would just be embarrassing.