IGNORED

colecovision problem

BIGMIKE304

got a nice huge lot of coleco stuff this past week. the problem is the system. it powers up and the games work. what doesn't work is the controller port. for some reason it is stuck on going right all the time. wont go up but will go back left. is this a salvagable thing or should i toss it?

The Octal Buffer/Line Driver SN74LS541N at U19 on the PCB is bad and needs to be replaced, potentially the player 2 IC at U18 as well. The ICs are still available, but the console will need to be disassembled and the old ICs desoldered and removed, then the new ones installed and soldered in place.

thanks, that's a bit much for me to do. good thing i have two other consoles to play with..

The Octal Buffer/Line Driver SN74LS541N at U19 on the PCB is bad and needs to be replaced, potentially the player 2 IC at U18 as well. The ICs are still available, but the console will need to be disassembled and the old ICs desoldered and removed, then the new ones installed and soldered in place.