IGNORED

Best of Interplay (1988-1994)

What was Interplays best game...  

40 members have voted

1. 1. ...in between The Bard's Tale and Stonekeep?

• Wasteland
    • Neuromancer
    • Dragon Wars
    • Castles
    • The Lost Vikings
    • Castles II: Siege & Conquest
    • Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
    • Star Trek: Judgment Rites
    • Cyberia
    • Voyeur
    • BlackThorne

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hi there!

Interplay was such a great developer in the late 80s / early 90s, don't you agree? :)

Greetings,

Manuel

I don't think Interplay was such a great developer. They made some great games like Neuromancer or Lost Vikings but they also made turds like Lord of the Rings or Cyberia.

I don't think Interplay was such a great developer. They made some great games like Neuromancer or Lost Vikings but they also made turds like Lord of the Rings or Cyberia.

I agree on LotR, but Cyberia was received very good when it was released:

http://www.kultpower.de/powerplay_testberichte/cyberia.jpg

I think it probably hasn't aged too well, just like e.g. Rebel Assault. A few years down the road those rail-shmups lost most of their initial impressiveness. But being part of the first wave of "real" CD-ROM games, they sure deserve a place in history ;)

I agree on LotR, but Cyberia was received very good when it was released:

http://www.kultpower.de/powerplay_testberichte/cyberia.jpg

I think it probably hasn't aged too well, just like e.g. Rebel Assault. A few years down the road those rail-shmups lost most of their initial impressivnes. But being part of the first wave of "real" CD-ROM games, they sure deserve a place in history ;)

Hmm... i had Cyberia for the Saturn and i hated it after playing it just a few minutes. It felt more like some kind of interactive movie to me - there's just not enough gameplay involved IMO.

Those games certainly deserve a place in history - as examples of how a good game shouldn't be! ;)

Edited by Impaler_26

• 3 months later...

While there's still not really anything noteworthy happening at http://www.interplay.com ...

Brian Fargos spin-off company just revamped their website: http://www.inxile-entertainment.com/

There's still zero info regarding a new Wasteland, but at least the background graphic on top of the page looks like it, no? ;)

Wow....Fallout trilogy DRM free.

:D

Anyone ever finish the following games and can tell me if they are worth playing through?

- Stonekeep

- Cyberia

- Blackthorne

Also was Wasteland a type of RPG? Seems its really popular and I missed out on this one. How is the gameplay, like Bards Tale?

I saw the wiki....was it released on the PC?

Hey where's Boogerman?!?!

Is it any good? It has just mediocre reviews on gamefaqs, so I didn't bother listing it.

Haha, not really. I loved it when was like 8-9, but a lot of that was due to the immature humor of the game. I haven't really been able to play it since.

-Adam

Stonekeep.Never came even close to finishing that one,insanely hard game IMO.There's a recipe that appears for amazing chocolate chip cookies as a reward for only those who successfully finish game

Edited by Rik

• 3 months later...

"Where is Rock n' Roll Racing"??? Amazing sound on the Sega, but great gameplay on the Super Nintendo...That had some killer tracks and nothing beats hearing "Olaf is in First!" Or "Someone looks lost out there!" Or any of the other awesome voiceovers and then there was the awesome quitar music for its time.......Nana nana nananaa

Amazing! Those were the days of Racing....right there my friends...

"Where is Rock n' Roll Racing"???

I left out all sports, racing and simulation games. They have a tendency of getting old real fast ;)

What I actually did forget though is Warcraft, IIRC was the first still published by Interplay. (I think it came out only a month or two after Blackthorne.)