IGNORED

HSC Season 1 Week 10: Donkey Kong 3

Finally.... got to level 10.

Getting a lot better at dealing with those little blue butterfly guys. If they get to the level your on, just go ahead and jump to the next level or you will die.

I'm enjoying this game.... good pick. I remember playing it once or twice (back in the day), but that's it.

Edited by Blackjack

so far:

78100 level 7 (updated)

this is a fast game for sure :)

---- I was able to kill all the bug on the first level and then DK had to climb up....I make 12800 on the first level....it is 600 points more then was I used to get (around 12200).

I did that until level 4 and I was at 40100. maybe it's the way to go....I mean kill the bug instead of DK !!!!

on level 7...what's up with the blue bug?

Edited by maximebeauvais

on level 7...what's up with the blue bug?

Are you talking about the little blue butterfly guys that come down the sides, then shoot over and nail you? They get me a lot.

Make sure to hit 'em on the way down, they're not too tough to hit, just make them the priority when you see 'em........ or when they get to your level, jump up to the next one real quick. They'll circle around and go back up.

Edited by Blackjack

I played a game yesterday and will post the picture later with the score. All I will say is that it will get me the #1 spot so far. I'm happy to see that there are some people here that are finally understanding what is so fun about DK3. It is my favorite arcade game of all time and is why I converted my nintendo cab into a DK3. It's a very fast paced game that really keeps you on your toes at all times. Lets keep the love going for DK3, the most underated arcade game.

347,500 LVL 25

post-14567-1236801601_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of my new high score that I got yesterday. It's a little dark because I had to use my camera phone to take the pic.

The best tip that I can give is in later levels, spray DK up as high as you can at the start of the round and then only concentrate on killing the bugs. Don't worry about DK unless if he gets too low down the vines.

When the big bug (Beespy) comes down with the two smaller ones surrounding it try and shoot the big guy without killing the small ones for a nice bonus.

Although not needed to complete the game, keep your flowers as your #1 priority. You get major bonus points every round if you keep them safe.

Try to save your super sprayer for the third round where you spray DK into the beehive. If you use it on this round then you can easily beat it and the next round before your time runs out for the super spray.

When the blue bugs come down from the sides pay attention for then to come at you. If you can then drop down below them and shoot up as they are passing for an easy kill.

Keep an eye on the creepies (caterpillers) that crawl down the vines. You want to try and keep them from reaching the platforms or they will make navigating and shooting a pain. You can only kill them with the super sprayer.

Edited by theking21083