IGNORED

Sony studio monitor help.

82atari5200

I have a Sony 1342q studio monitor that I use for my gaming needs. I first got it couple days ago and let it run for 2 hours with my nes hooked up and no problems. Today I was playing for about 5 minutes and the screen went blank and all the lights lit up dimly. I turned it off and back on and it worked for about 2 minutes and then same thing. Any help would be appreciated as these are bad ass monitors with a bnc inputs digital & analog rgb input and svideo. I have basic understanding of crt operation and soldering /electrical skills. Thanks...

Just found out it only shuts off when video input is detected. It auto adjust for pal,secam, and ntsc. With no input I turn it on and it stays on.

Edited by 82atari5200

Just found out it only shuts off when video input is detected. It auto adjust for pal,secam, and ntsc. With no input I turn it on and it stays on.

There should be a switch on the back for sync - INT and EXT. Make sure it's not set to EXT. Otherwise, when a signal is detected, it'll be looking for the sync info on the dedicated line, and it won't display anything, becuse it has no sync signal. Wiggle the switch back and forth a few times, it might be dirty.

Does it do it on all inputs?

-Ian

Update - I just checked my Sony monitor. Mine is a 1343MD, so it might be different, but mine doesn't have the internal/external sync option. Some do, some don't - and mine doesn't. So, that might not even be on your set.

-Ian

Mine has the ports for ext sync but it's all automatic switching. I think it's just a short in the video wire. I hooked it up to my xbox and it was fine for 30 minutes. It's just weird that it would cause the lights to light up dimly like it was a power fault. Got some new av cords for the nes and am going to fire it up now. I picked up 2 of these monitors for 25 bucks. I'd like to get the other 2 the store had but not if they are all faulty.