IGNORED

Atari 7800 HSC reloaded Round 13 "Centipede"

darthkur

post-21467-1238292784_thumb.jpg

Had a long day, this was a nice way to relax. I don't think I have ever once hit a scorpion, but I am getting better at zonking the fleas (They really look like turtles though). Some folks on the twin galaxies board are in the millions for points, the best has 5 million. I had a hard time just getting to 70k.

Try using a 2600 trackball. It's not perfect since the game isn't programmed to recognize it, but I've found it still works better than a stick. I also sometimes use a Genesis controller.

I've been using a gamepad. I'd love to use a trackball at some point. Maybe some day down the road I will get one : ) I still have one more day to try and catch your score, but I doubt I will, and by then you will probably have passed the 100k mark.

Try using a 2600 trackball. It's not perfect since the game isn't programmed to recognize it, but I've found it still works better than a stick. I also sometimes use a Genesis controller.

I've been using a gamepad. I'd love to use a trackball at some point. Maybe some day down the road I will get one : ) I still have one more day to try and catch your score, but I doubt I will, and by then you will probably have passed the 100k mark.

Indeed: 112,766

You guys are just lucky my mother didn't want to play. He's better at Centipede than anyone I've ever seen in my entire life. And trust me; there's no bigger shot to your manhood than getting beat by your mother at a video game in front of your friends.

That's a hell of a great score and I sure wish it would've made the deadline. :( I'd love to count it anyways but it wouldn't be fair to all the others.

The post was made at 10:58 MT. That's 12:58 ET, and the contest was supposed to and at 1:00 ET. Am I missing something?

That's a hell of a great score and I sure wish it would've made the deadline. :( I'd love to count it anyways but it wouldn't be fair to all the others.

The post was made at 10:58 MT. That's 12:58 ET, and the contest was supposed to and at 1:00 ET. Am I missing something?

Now this extremely strange. I swear that when I looked at your post it said 1:38am. Now I look at it and it say 12:58am! I'm befuddled. And I assure you I was fully awake and wearing my glasses.

Well, in that case it does count. So I will now make the correct calculations.