IGNORED

Compute! Magazines in PDF format

ThumpNugget

.... Are Finally here! :)

Looks like they put it up a couple of days ago.

Torrents:

Issues 1-40 - http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4771242

Issues 41-80 - http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4771250/

Issues 81-120 - http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4771260/

Edited by ThumpNugget

Good luck to everyone with these (myself included).

I've been downloading (slowly) for an hour and the status of the torrents are:

part 1: 0 seeders, 39 peers, 56% health

part 2: 0 seeders, 23 peers, 68% health

part 3: 0 seeders, 31 peers, 99% health

I figure maybe I'll get lucky and a couple issues of part 3 will complete and I can read them for nostalgia.

Thanks to all who seeded the Atari magazines awhile back (myself included)!! I feel more fortunate to have those (obviously) and very fortunate that the torrents completed.

Looks like we need someone to make DVDs on these Compute! magazines!!!!

we need a private Atari tracker!

This is going to take years to download!!!

The third part finished for me in about 6 hours. The other two are nearing 70% after 12 hours or so. Be patient, you'll get them. I'll seed until tomorrow late afternoon, then I'm leaving for vacation so have to shut down. It may look dismal, but just keep it up, and it will finish eventually.

The third part finished for me in about 6 hours.

Same here. That was done for me around 6am yesterday.

The other two are nearing 70% after 12 hours or so. Be patient, you'll get them.

As of now, part 1 is only 87.8% complete, ever so slightly better then it was yesterday afternoon (when it was around 86%).

I did finally finish part 2 this morning around 4:30-5am which represents about 28 hours of time. Tho I still saw no seeders at 100%, but it was clear before it finished that it was a distributed copy situation. Shame the same can't be said about part 1.

I'll seed until tomorrow late afternoon, then I'm leaving for vacation so have to shut down.

No, you don't "have" to shut down. That's simply a personal choice you are making. :P

The third part finished for me in about 6 hours.

Same here. That was done for me around 6am yesterday.

The other two are nearing 70% after 12 hours or so. Be patient, you'll get them.

As of now, part 1 is only 87.8% complete, ever so slightly better then it was yesterday afternoon (when it was around 86%).

I did finally finish part 2 this morning around 4:30-5am which represents about 28 hours of time. Tho I still saw no seeders at 100%, but it was clear before it finished that it was a distributed copy situation. Shame the same can't be said about part 1.

I'll seed until tomorrow late afternoon, then I'm leaving for vacation so have to shut down.

No, you don't "have" to shut down. That's simply a personal choice you are making. :P

Looks like we're in a similar situation then. Part 2 finished last night, but Part 1 isn't looking too good. 89% and coming slow. I'm leaving in 7 hours, so unless it gets a really good burst, it doesn't look like it's going to finish. I'll have to worry about it next week... hopefully someone will be seeding again.

Yeah, unfortunately, I feel I do need to shut down while leaving for 5 days. The last time I left the house for that long, I left torrents seeding and when I came back, the computer was still powered on but unresponsive (I think the screen was black, don't remember for sure), wouldn't restart, and it turned out the power supply was toast. I leave my PC on 24/7 anyway, so it would probably be fine if I left it on, but after that scare, I don't feel safe doing that anymore!

They're only 4 and 3gb each. Hardly huge downloads even now. And I'd much rather have them in PDF format than mess around with djvu. We just need another seeder for Part 1.

My Part 1 has sped up considerably now though. Maybe enough to get it all in the next 6 hours, if it's all there. We'll see.

.... Are Finally here! :)

Looks like they put it up a couple of days ago.

Torrents:

Issues 1-40 - http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4771242

Issues 41-80 - http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4771250/

Issues 81-120 - http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4771260/

Is there any place to get disks of the type-ins for the Atari stuff?

The Holmes Archive has a few of them on CD #3 (nowhere near a complete collection though)... if you search this forum, you'll find a torrent of Holmes, which might still be active (or not).

Thanks, I have the Holmes collection, I'll look in there. But, I'm really after something that is complete. Makes it easier when you find something that you want to check out while browsing the mags.

• 2 years later...

I Found several years worth in an old shoe box I thought only had shoes. I turned the disks into atr's with Atarimax APE&PRO.

COMPUTE 8-1-3.ATR

COMPUTE 8-4-6.ATR

COMPUTE 8-7-9.ATR

COMPUTE 8-10-12.ATR

COMPUTE 9-1-3.ATR

COMPUTE 9-4-6.ATR

COMPUTE 9-7-9.ATR

COMPUTE 9-10-12.ATR

COMPUTE 10-1-3.ATR

COMPUTE 10-4-4.ATR

Two have possible problems.. None have DOS & Dos 2.5 was the recommend Dos to use with disks.

• Like 4

Well,

here is some lose/incomplete Compute stuff I have in my collection. Think I first got some texts that listed what A8 stuff is in the Compute magazines and then I searched through my PD collection to find some matches. Later I found some more Compute disk images on the internet. So this is all Compute stuff I have right now, unsorted and incomplete, but better than nothing... -Andreas Koch.

compute_stuff.zip

• Like 2