IGNORED

My crazy Vectrex score today :)

swlovinist

Ill let the pic speak. Boxed Vectrex, looks new inside. 21 boxed games all complete. For the win, a boxed 3D imager complete. Before this I had a vectrex and a multicart with war of the robots. Looks like Ill be going for an original vectrex collection now :)

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj28/sw..._031809_002.jpg

Not bad. I scored even bigger at flea market one day when i found over $600 worth of Turbo Duo stuff all for a mighty $3.00 bucks. System alone is worth a nice penny.

There's no way that wasn't stolen goods. Obviously anyone who legitimately owns a Turbo Duo with a bunch of games is going to know it's worth a bit more than 3 bucks.

Edited by KIWASABI

Not bad. I scored even bigger at flea market one day when i found over $600 worth of Turbo Duo stuff all for a mighty $3.00 bucks. System alone is worth a nice penny.

There's no way that wasn't stolen goods. Obviously anyone who legitimately owns a Turbo Duo with a bunch of games is going to know it's worth a bit more than 3 bucks.

First off, awesome vectrex find, enjoy!

Believe it or not sometimes a gamer just moves on and leaves his stuff behind, and years later a relative does a house cleaning and there you go. Every now and then you get a box of imports or RPGs that just screams hardcore gamer and you have to figure he's now in his post college years and Mom is downsizing to a condo so his stuff ends up at flea market. Even in this modern era of ebay there are still lots of people who view all game systems as "that old Nintendo machine" and will price them accordingly.

Lol, not stolen. I know what you mean but these are foreign guys from NYC and all over you come to set up flea market booths every week and he had no idea what it was. Just some old kids toys. Not every single one of us, is educated in the world of video games. Hell, if my mother had this thing in the closet and found it, she'd probably toss it.

First off, awesome vectrex find, enjoy!

Believe it or not sometimes a gamer just moves on and leaves his stuff behind, and years later a relative does a house cleaning and there you go. Every now and then you get a box of imports or RPGs that just screams hardcore gamer and you have to figure he's now in his post college years and Mom is downsizing to a condo so his stuff ends up at flea market. Even in this modern era of ebay there are still lots of people who view all game systems as "that old Nintendo machine" and will price them accordingly.

Exactly :) !

Yep, that's how I ended up with my complete in box Turbo Grafix 16 for only $.50, that's right, half a buck. The sad part is that it belonged to a guy that passed away and somehow his ex-wife was the only one able or willing to run his "estate" sale. I also picked up a really nice Atari Jr. with a pile of games, trackball, 2 keyboard controllers and more for only $2.50 from the same sale.

Life goes on I guess, just make sure you have a will for when it doesn't go on any more.

Who on here had the sig something like "my greatest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it"? :D

Yep, that's how I ended up with my complete in box Turbo Grafix 16 for only $.50, that's right, half a buck. The sad part is that it belonged to a guy that passed away and somehow his ex-wife was the only one able or willing to run his "estate" sale. I also picked up a really nice Atari Jr. with a pile of games, trackball, 2 keyboard controllers and more for only $2.50 from the same sale.

Life goes on I guess, just make sure you have a will for when it doesn't go on any more.

Who on here had the sig something like "my greatest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it"? :D

Congrats on the turbo 16. :)

One of the flea markets in my area has a couple sellers who work with "clean-out" guys, these are the guys who go into foreclosed houses and the apartments of evicted people and remove all the junk left behind. Sometimes they sort the stuff but a lot of times they just dump dresser drawers and closets into big open uhaul boxes and lay it out at the flea market. I've come across very personal items like family albums, prescription drugs and children's artwork. I'm sure with the way things are going in the economy now that stuff is washing up all over the place like never before.

One of the flea markets in my area has a couple sellers who work with "clean-out" guys, these are the guys who go into foreclosed houses and the apartments of evicted people and remove all the junk left behind. Sometimes they sort the stuff but a lot of times they just dump dresser drawers and closets into big open uhaul boxes and lay it out at the flea market. I've come across very personal items like family albums, prescription drugs and children's artwork. I'm sure with the way things are going in the economy now that stuff is washing up all over the place like never before.

I think they have alot of that going on around here too by the look of thinks.

That has kind of got me wondering too. On one hand, the current situation might force more people to have garage sale or moving sales who might not usually bother. On the other hand, there might be more people out hitting the yard sales and thrift shops looking for bargains, thus more competion for us scroungers. Either way, I'll be out there, so I guess we will see.

Edited by SRGilbert

That has kind of got me wondering too. On one hand, the current situation might force more people to have garage sale or moving sales who might not usually bother. On the other hand, there might be more people out hitting the yard sales and thrift shops looking for bargains, thus more competion for us scroungers. Either way, I'll be out there, so I guess we will see.

Same here.