IGNORED

My crazy Vectrex score today :)

swlovinist

I think they have alot of that going on around here too by the look of thinks.

That has kind of got me wondering too. On one hand, the current situation might force more people to have garage sale or moving sales who might not usually bother. On the other hand, there might be more people out hitting the yard sales and thrift shops looking for bargains, thus more competion for us scroungers. Either way, I'll be out there, so I guess we will see.

Yeah I've wondered about this too. I think that a lot more people than usual are shopping at Goodwill, thrift stores, flea markets, etc in order to survive. It's just like how dollar stores are really flourishing right now because so many people try to cheat the system by going to dollar stores in lieu of a complete grocery store trip. I've basically given up on thrift stores just because how much traffic they seem to get with the crappy economy.

Also, I take back the comment about the turbo duo being stolen. I suppose I didn't think that one through too well. $3 just seemed like way too little to charge as a base price for any game console. I guess I tend to think that the average American isn't as stupid as they actually are.

-Adam

That has kind of got me wondering too. On one hand, the current situation might force more people to have garage sale or moving sales who might not usually bother. On the other hand, there might be more people out hitting the yard sales and thrift shops looking for bargains, thus more competion for us scroungers. Either way, I'll be out there, so I guess we will see.

Yeah I've wondered about this too. I think that a lot more people than usual are shopping at Goodwill, thrift stores, flea markets, etc in order to survive. It's just like how dollar stores are really flourishing right now because so many people try to cheat the system by going to dollar stores in lieu of a complete grocery store trip. I've basically given up on thrift stores just because how much traffic they seem to get with the crappy economy.

Also, I take back the comment about the turbo duo being stolen. I suppose I didn't think that one through too well. $3 just seemed like way too little to charge as a base price for any game console. I guess I tend to think that the average American isn't as stupid as they actually are.

-Adam

No worries. Many people have no idea what they have. I've seen this way too many times. It's one of those cases where you look at what you just scored, look around, and run like hell. I've gotten many, many great deals due to lack of knowledge on the other end. It happens.

-Adam

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment about currently overshopped thrift stores. Flea markets/swap meets seem the same. I've watched selection go down and prices go up over the past year or so, especially the last few months. I was at a thrift a few weeks ago with my girlfriend and had to point out one particular car, saying "There's something you didn't used to see: a BMW in a thrift store parking lot!"

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment about currently overshopped thrift stores. Flea markets/swap meets seem the same. I've watched selection go down and prices go up over the past year or so, especially the last few months. I was at a thrift a few weeks ago with my girlfriend and had to point out one particular car, saying "There's something you didn't used to see: a BMW in a thrift store parking lot!"

I'd have to agree also. Me and my wife and daughter went to a huge one yesterday that i had heard about but never got around to checking. Damn they had more cars and people than a Wal-Mart Supercenter. I managed to get quite a few things i needed. Several Sega Master System games, one Nes game, a few SNES games, a few genesis games, a Bruce Lee Box set videos, and a few tapes and cassettes. I didn't see one game system in the whole place. This place is huge and you'd expect to see at least one system or something but no. Just so many people that you could hardly turn around. I pretty much bought every game they had. Several booths, I'd say over 50 vendors. I think I'll be hitting more yard sales then normal as I've been slacking the last couple years. Hit the flea markets once in awhile but that's it.

Edited by VideoFever1982

No worries. Many people have no idea what they have. I've seen this way too many times. It's one of those cases where you look at what you just scored, look around, and run like hell. I've gotten many, many great deals due to lack of knowledge on the other end. It happens.

That's a good point. The thing that really turns your stomach is to think of all the stuff that just gets thrown away by someone who couldn't be bothered to drop it off at a Salvation Army or have a yard sale. :(

That's a good point. The thing that really turns your stomach is to think of all the stuff that just gets thrown away by someone who couldn't be bothered to drop it off at a Salvation Army or have a yard sale. :(

Your not kidding! A good example is the Wal-Mart bag full of Super Nes, Nes, games and a Mnin SNES i found one top of someones trashcan a few weeks ago. If it hadn't been for me, you know where they might have ended up.

post-17612-1237749418_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...