IGNORED

Video Game Bible in AtariAge Store

Albert

We've just added the Video Game Bible to the books section of our online store, for anyone interested in picking up a copy. Having just received the books, this is the first time I've had a chance to take some time to look it over. This version of the Video Game Bible covers 39 systems, with basically every discontinued system released from 1985 onwards. The book is broken down by system, with a picture and brief writeup about the system, and a listing of all the games then presented alphabetically. Each game is described briefly and contains the name of the manufacturer, a rarity value (1-10) and a price.

Interspersed with the listings are scans of many game boxes (supposedly over 1,000--there are usually four to a page), which helps to liven up the pages. There are also trivia questions and answers at the bottom of each page. At nearly 400 pages it's a fairly comprehensive guide for the included systems, and worth picking up if you have an interest and/or collect for any of the systems in this era. While it's not perfect, it's a pretty good effort for the first version, and we expect that the Video Game Bible will continue to be refined and improved over time.

As I have time to more thoroughly look through the book, I'll post additional comments here.

..Al

Don't worry!  We have the classic VGB on the way, and it should be done within the year.  It will cover 1972-1984 and will retain the same format as the 1985-2002 version.  But don't forget that this version contains the 7800, Jag and Jag CD...so it's not all Atari-free.  :)

I'm glad this is the plan. I'm likely gonna sign up to get a copy as soon as this is released, sounds really interesting!

Oh and let me say that the current version of VGB rocks. I still haven't gotten all the way through it. There are a ton of dorky little CD based systems that I didn't even know existed (VIS anyone?). It's all very interesting to read, and it's nice to have some complete lists for Genesis, DC, and Saturn games.

Tempest