IGNORED

It's time for a NTSC Sears Checkers poll

homerwannabee

What rarity is NTSC Sears Checkers?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What rarity is NTSC Sears Checkers?

• Rarity 10
    • Rarity 9
    • Rarity 8
    • Rarity 7
    • Rarity 6
    • Rarity 5
    • Rarity 4
    • Rarity 3
    • Rarity 2
    • Rarity 1

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

OK, for a long time Sears Checkers has been a rarity 3. It is my personal opinion that this rarity is out of whack with reality. At the moment Marco has a $200 bounty on this game boxed and still can't get takers. Even loose it's not the easiest game to find. So what say you. Should this game go up in rarity, stay the same, or go down in rarity?

is there any difference in pcb's between atari and sears versions?

i picked up a lot with some sears text label games, including a couple R4's and a cannon man, and some loose pcb's (the cannon man cart had a different game in it, and the cannon man board was loose). among the loose boards is one labeled checkers but I don't have a shell to go with it.

OK, here is some interesting info on this game. If you check Ebay you will not see it up for auction boxed or loose, or even in a Ebay store. Check Atari2600.com, yep they don't have it as well loose or boxed. Check Atariguide, yep that place does not have it either loose or boxed. In fact check Trade-N-Games. They will not have it is well loose or boxed. If it was truly a 3 or 4 loose, how on earth do explain that it's nowhere to be found?

Edited by homerwannabee

I have it loose. I don't think it's hard to find loose, or at least wasn't in the past. I've never actively collected Sears titles, so I probably found it in a thrift store. I've never seen a boxed one except in photos.

It is The second Hardest Sears Title.

As Marco Stated $200. Rare 9 CIB I would say. Loose a, 7. So I say it is a 8

Only one title surpasses it's rarity, The every elusive, Sears Superman Picture label. CIB Sears Box. Up to $400 I presume. 10 Loose or CIB

I have owned a Sears Checkers, but never Sup Pic Label.

Only one title surpasses it's rarity, The every elusive, Sears Superman Picture label. CIB Sears Box. Up to $400 I presume. 10 Loose or CIB

I really don't know, so I'm not voting here, but I wouldn't have ever guessed it would be anywhere near a Superman Pic. I know I just gave away another Sears Checkers (loose), so that's at least 2 I've had. I think Cannon Man is far harder to find. And some of the pic labels other than Superman if we're including variations. I mean, what about Gunslinger Pic? Wouldn't that be harder to find than Sears text Checkers? I guess I'd have to say I don't see how it could be second hardest to find.

Edited by Mirage1972

I really don't know, so I'm not voting here, but I wouldn't have ever guessed it would be anywhere near a Superman Pic. I know I just gave away another Sears Checkers (loose), so that's at least 2 I've had. I think Cannon Man is far harder to find. And some of the pic labels other than Superman if we're including variations. I mean, what about Gunslinger Pic? Wouldn't that be harder to find than Sears text Checkers? I guess I'd have to say I don't see how it could be second hardest to find.

The sears Checker box, is the key, on this rarity.

Right, okay, that I have no idea about. But is this a rarity question for the box or for the cart loose? This comes up in every rarity thread, but you didn't specify CIB or loose, so I assumed you meant it was 2nd hardest Sears title loose, which I really don't think would be true. If you meant CIB, then I have no idea, you may very well be correct.

Edited by Mirage1972

Right, okay, that I have no idea about. But is this a rarity question for the box or for the cart loose? This comes up in every rarity thread, but you didn't specify CIB or loose, so I assumed you meant it was 2nd hardest Sears title loose, which I really don't think would be true. If you meant CIB, then I have no idea, you may very well be correct.

Your right. The Gunslinger Pic. Label is rarer than a Loose Checkers. IMO, but The Sears Checker box is rarer than a loose Pic Label Gunslinger. So a Checkers CIB is rarer than a GS Pic Label CIB, IMO. Man I am getting confused now. LOL

I assumed that the thread was for CIB :)

Edited by hhwolfman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wanted to bump this thread with my recent aquisition of a boxed sears checkers. I voted a r8 on this....I would say this is definitely one of the hardest boxed games to get!

Tell us a story. :D

Interesting. That would make 3 CIB this year that I know of...

I wanted to bump this thread with my recent aquisition of a boxed sears checkers. I voted a r8 on this....I would say this is definitely one of the hardest boxed games to get!

Tell us a story. :D

Interesting. That would make 3 CIB this year that I know of...

And none by me. :x Well at least I got a Sears Dare Diver CIB this weekend. :)