IGNORED

It's time for a NTSC Universal Chaos rarity poll

homerwannabee

What rarity is NTSC Universal Chaos?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What rarity is NTSC Universal Chaos?

• Rarity 10
    • Rarity 9
    • Rarity 8
    • Rarity 7
    • Rarity 6
    • Rarity 5
    • Rarity 4
    • Rarity 3
    • Rarity 2
    • Rarity 1

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

What makes this title confusing is that the NTSC and PAL versions physically look the same, or at least I've never seen an explanation of how they differ. I have never personally owned either version, and it seems like people who have a version they have tested tend to come up with the PAL variety. I think NTSC versions are out there, they are just really rare.

I got mine directly from Telegames USA Lancaster Texas (the address on the packing slip) in October of 1989. Colors match the back of the box and the picture doesn't roll, so I assume it's NTSC. Since Telegames advertised rather aggressively it's easy to think there were plenty available at the time - one had only to place an order to acquire it, but I never did see it in stores. Since the late '90's I've only seen the cart at classic game shows in Vegas and Philly. Its rarity is likely based on what Telegames did with their unsold copies back in the day. Might be worthy of 6 or 7.

Somewhere in these forums recently, another user said he's had an ongoing search on Ebay for the past 18 months. And not one NTSC copy has ever come up. I've had the same search going on for the past five months. And I also haven't seen one. I've seen one Glacier Patrol. And I snatched that up.

I'd pay $150.00 for one if anyone has one. I might even go a little higher.

I'd give it a rarity 8 - hell, maybe 9.