IGNORED

make exe file with dasm/ load binary form dos

Thelen

No, it doesn't help me much...i have got a source file (assembler) and i compile it with DASM (like you do with Koffi, only my source is for the atari xl/xe). then I get a binary. I was thinking : I want to run that binary on my atari, (not as a cartridge) and put the binary on a harddisk in the atari800win emulator. Then i load dos 2.05 from disk, choose option L in the dos menu, and try to load the binay from drive H (the emulated harddisk in atari800win), but then i get the error : filetype incorrect (don't know exactly what it was, but it meant that).

so how can i get the right file format for a binary load, or is this not possible with dasm compiled file ?

Thanks. Thelen

On the Atari 8-bit's there are two types of files. Listed/entered files and saved/loaded files. This is true for Atari Basic and the Atari Assembler/editor. This might be what your problem is. A Listed program is strait text with just a return marker at the end of each line. The regular saved programs are tokenized.(additional characters that you don't see when you list the program on the screen whether in Basic or a source code listing in assembly.) Unfortunately I don't know much about Dasm or the PC Atari 8-bit emulators.(I'm on a Mac.) Try to find a way to 'import' your program into your emulator from Dasm. Rainbow for the PC's and Macs have this feature. Another thing to remember also is that if you save a binary on the Atari and you want to run it later, you have to give the starting address.

Allan

For 5200 at least, I enter from a MS Dos window:  

DASM koffi.txt -f3 -okoffi.bin  

This takes Koffi.txt, my source file in ASM, and makes koffi.bin, a 32K object file (the binfile or ROMfile, whatever you call it).  Uh, does that help?

I was wondering how in the world do I take the code from *.txt and turn it to a *.bin so I can run it on the VSS emulator.

What does -f3 do?

I was wondering how in the world do I take the code from *.txt and turn it to a *.bin so I can run it on the VSS emulator.

What does -f3 do?

in your *.txt file there are must be assembly opcodes. what dasm do is translate them into numbers and store it in a .bin file. if you open the .bin file there are all sorts off characters. those stands for numbers because every character (ascii) represents a number. F3 stands for the output filetype

Thelen

What does -f3 do?

in your *.txt file there are must be assembly opcodes. what dasm do is translate them into numbers and store it in a .bin file. if you open the .bin file there are all sorts off characters. those stands for numbers because every character (ascii) represents a number. F3 stands for the output filetype

Thelen

Thanks... I never downloaded TASM.

I will get down to it. :)