IGNORED

Trackball recommendation for 7800

AdeptRapier

Hey all!!

I am thinking about getting a trackball for the 7800 to play centipede and also some of the 2600 games like missile command, etc.

Can you guys give me any advice as far as which particular trackball works the best for these types of games? I know that Atari made a couple of different models and there was the Wico one and maybe others.

Thanks in advance!!!

AdeptRapier

:)

Hey all!!

I am thinking about getting a trackball for the 7800 to play centipede and also some of the 2600 games like missile command, etc.

Can you guys give me any advice as far as which particular trackball works the best for these types of games? I know that Atari made a couple of different models and there was the Wico one and maybe others.

Thanks in advance!!!

AdeptRapier

Get the Atari CX80 from Best electronics.

Buy Missle Command TB and Centipede 7800 TB from some of the homebrew makers here at Atariage.

• Like 1

Hey all!!

Thanks in advance!!!

AdeptRapier

Buy Missle Command TB and Centipede 7800 TB from some of the homebrew makers here at Atariage.

Somebody made a trackball version of Centipede for the 7800???

Cool!

Where do i get a copy?

Thanks for the info!!

AdeptRapier

• 6 months later...
Hey all!!

Thanks in advance!!!

AdeptRapier

Somebody made a trackball version of Centipede for the 7800???

Cool!

Where do i get a copy?

Thanks for the info!!

AdeptRapier

Same question: Where can I buy a cartridge with Centipede TB?

PAL would be great but for the real TB experience I would not bother so much about the colors.

Hopefully the team mode will work with TB?

I read some where that a version exist but works only in single player and no cartridges available yet?

• 1 month later...

I believe that Thomas Jentzsch did the trackball-enabled version of 7800 Centipede. And yes, it works in team mode as well: my nephew and I played a few rounds with a pair of CX-80 trackballs (in true trackball mode, not joystick mode!) just the other day.

If anyone wants this game on cartridge, I'd be happy to build one for you. PM me if you're interested!

Edited by jaybird3rd

I believe that Thomas Jentzsch did the trackball-enabled version of 7800 Centipede.

Nope.

It was Ken Siders "Kenfused" who also did Beef Drop and B*nQ for the 7800.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/71780-trackball-test-program-centipede-tb/page__p__880630__hl__7800%20trackball%20test%20program__fromsearch__1entry880630

Edited by Underball

Ah, my mistake! Thanks for pointing it out. Ken did a great job and deserves credit for his work.

Edited by jaybird3rd

• 2 weeks later...

If you're buying a CX80, buy from Video 61. 10 bucks a pop. I think Best sells them for $20.

Video 61 has a $40 minimum order, and they charge $29.95 for Atari 7800 common games that can be found on ebay for $4.99 new.

Didn't see this for awhile...but...anyway.

You're wrong on this. There is a $5 shipping charge on orders under 25 dollars. Just a few weeks ago, I ordered three trackballs for 29-something shipped.

• 3 months later...

I think mine is a CX-28. I've run it with the production Centipede cart in joystick mode, and it did not disappoint.

I haven't tried the Centipede TB game yet.

Me too. Never play the regular Centipede with the switch on the TrackBall set for TB, only on Joystick mode.

It still rocks.

If only Atari would've brought out a redesigned 5200 TrackBall controller for the 7800 sans the keypads....

• 10 years later...