IGNORED

Is 50 dollars a good price for NEW Lynx?

Catsmasher

I picked up a new Lynx for 50 dollars last week and was thinking of getting another as a "backup". Is that a good price? If the guy has more than one left I could post a wesite or phone # if he is OK with it.

Also, how much are NIB Lynx games worth. He has quite a few, but wants 12-20 dollars for most of them.

Thanks

Keep Playing!

Rob

Yes. Just compare to prices on eBay.

$50 for a new Lynx is very, very good.

$10 is about the going rate for new common games on eBay, so $20 sounds a bit high - I guess it depends on what the game is and how rare it is.

OK here is the scoop.

I went there again during lunch today.

They have 10 units left. The guy today told me they were 70 dollars. But they will deal on the older stuff though so who knows. I was buying some other stuff that day, too. I walk in there pretty regular bugging them about Atari stuff. I guess sometimes I catch them in a good mood.

I asked if he took phone orders or website orders and he said yes, but he also suggested that we keep an eye on ebay in a week or two- they plan to sell a few sets of a new Lynx, a carry case, a few other goodies and a bunch of new games for about 100 dollars. He said their ebay name was McVan's Video or something close to that.

Apparently the former owner was a big Lynx nut and he went around buying up all the Lynx stuff when Atari dumped it.

The store is called McVann's Video Games in Fort Wayne, IN. If interested, you need to get ahold of the Maplecrest Ave store - that is the one with the basement full of goodies.. The guys at the other stores don't know anything about it.

Today I got 5 Atari Lynx games and two others that were not Atari (Fat Bobby and T-Tris) for about 50 dollars. All new.

I thought about buying the whole lot, but I am a collector not a hoarder. And I figured I would leave some deals for others. Plus my wife would kill me.

Keep Playing!

Rob.

Here is their website

http://www.mcvans.com/aboutus.asp

Here is a link to one of thier completed Ebay auctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330301985551

I heard him wrong since this auction was $150 instead of $100. Still a good deal with 20 new games. Consider the games at $5 each and the system is $50!

Like I said, they have some Lynx stuff on the webpage.

You will need to call the Maplecrest store in Ft Wayne to see if they will sell the other stuff over the phone. I don't see why not.

Good Luck.

You can tell them I sent you, but they would just go "Huh, who? Oh, that old Atari nutball pain in the rump!"

Keep Playing!

Rob

Edited by Catsmasher