IGNORED

VBXE 2

candle

• 7 months later...

After fixing the y/c video on a 600XL yesterday (4050 chip was found to be faulted, or at least out of spec with modern TVs), I decided to socket the 4050 on my VBXE 130XE, whose RGB output was looking a bit jumpy on one of my LCDs. Funny, this, since the same LCD shows a rock-steady picture from my VBXE 1200XL. Moreover, while the 130XE works great with my SC1435, it never worked with ANY of my 1084S-D2s (all displayed a rolling picture). I'd previously tried de-gating the sync signal to get it to work with those CRTs (the sync is fed through a spare gate on the TC4050), adding resistors, etc - all to no avail. Anyway, after socketing the chip, I popped an (admittedly out of spec) HC4050 in there, and suddenly the picture is rock-steady on the LCD, and shows up fine on those 1084S-D2s. I haven't tried yet, but my guess is that a CD4050 out of an XL will have the same effect.

Anyone else had VBXE sync problems with PAL XEs? Seems this is the answer, anyway.

• Like 1

Hi Jon,

Anyone else had VBXE sync problems with PAL XEs? Seems this is the answer, anyway.

Until now: None. I´ve been done 5 PAL systems (2x XE, 3x XL) for ABBUC users with the VBXE until now, all systems where working without failures before and after installing VBXE 2.0. I personally test with a 1084-II and a Philips Matchline 100 Tube-TV from 1995.

Juergen