IGNORED

Multi Wire Switch - Begginner :)

myworldplz

Looking at a couple of 6502/7 datasheets the address and data bus are capable of driving 1 TTL load and 130pF. It would be easier to use something like a CC2 or a Krok Cart. I have thought about doing the equivalent of a CC2 specifically for the 2600, but I'm not sure there is a market for a new device.

Who said anything about easy? Anybody can have a multi-cart.

I guess what I'm thinking of would amount to a larger scale "Video Game Brain" or similar selector. It would have to be something that could support at least 500 cartridges, given that I already have about 250.

There's just something appealing about playing the actual cartridges, even if it's in something as weird as a giant game selector. What would really suck would be having to unplug all of the games and reinsert them to keep them in alphabetical order when I acquire a new game. It's bad enough just sliding them around in boxes.

Maybe in a year or two after I find a new house and move.

Ohhhh have like a Wall Of Atari Carts where you would walk up to the wall and press a button next to the cart you want to play and it auto turns on the TV and Atari.

'zactly. :) (except I might use this goofy scheme I came up with years ago to use a laser pointer for selecting from an array of choices of something on a wall)

Edited by BigO

Looking at a couple of 6502/7 datasheets the address and data bus are capable of driving 1 TTL load and 130pF. It would be easier to use something like a CC2 or a Krok Cart. I have thought about doing the equivalent of a CC2 specifically for the 2600, but I'm not sure there is a market for a new device.

I guess what I'm thinking of would amount to a larger scale "Video Game Brain" or similar selector. It would have to be something that could support at least 500 cartridges, given that I already have about 250.

There's just something appealing about playing the actual cartridges, even if it's in something as weird as a giant game selector. What would really suck would be having to unplug all of the games and reinsert them to keep them in alphabetical order when I acquire a new game. It's bad enough just sliding them around in boxes.

Ohhhh have like a Wall Of Atari Carts where you would walk up to the wall and press a button next to the cart you want to play and it auto turns on the TV and Atari.

'zactly. :) (except I might use this goofy scheme I came up with years ago to use a laser pointer for selecting from an array of choices of something on a wall)

Only problem I see is extending it to far and having loss of signal. I think I extended a Atari cart to about 24" and I was getting issues. So you would need a way to boost the signal.

Only problem I see is extending it to far and having loss of signal. I think I extended a Atari cart to about 24" and I was getting issues. So you would need a way to boost the signal.

Yeah, that's one of my primary concerns. As a dedicated unit, I could pull the additional signals off the bus as suggested above to maybe allow for the use of buffers to clean up the signals. What sort of cable did you use to extend the cart that far? I wonder if some of the twisted pair drive cables I've seen in servers might handle the signals more cleanly than a standard ribbon cable. I haven't a clue what sort of impedance, etc. would be ideal for this.

The jukebox might be the thing to do, despite the added mechanical complexity. It would at least be mildly entertaining to watch once or twice.

Edited by BigO