IGNORED

Do you have a pet?

Rhindle The Red

Do you have a pet?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a pet?

• Yes. I have one.
    • Yes. I have more than one.
    • No, but I have in the past and may in the future.
    • No, I never have, but I may in the future.
    • No, but I have in the past, though never again.
    • No. I never have and never will.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have 7 cats, but only 6 are inside. ;) Also have 3 dogs, 2 cockatiels, 2 love birds, a rabbit, and a bunch of fish. I have a 55 gallon saltwater tank, a 55 gallon fresh water tank, and a 10 gallon fresh water tank.

The cats are my favorite by far. I do love all the rest though.

Two rabbits, named Tank and Oreo. Both are litter-trained indoor bunnies...sort of like cats except they don't really do anything besides sit around.

For those who know rabbits, Tank is a Mini Rex, and is, as her name may imply, a bit on the large side. Oreo is a cow bunny - an English Spot mix, white with black spots. Both are does, and both love laying on peoples' chests while they watch TV or something.

Had you asked last year on this date, my answer would have been quite different.

Back then, I had 4 cats (and a wife, too.) Today, I have but one cat (and no wife, either -- 2008 was a baaaaad year for me.)

I really want to get another, but I'm just not ready yet.

Stanley, the sole survivor, is a heckuva snuggly little pal, however, and is so needy he's almost two-cats-in-one.

Here he is in a bag (and trust me, he likes it in there):

CaT or Wife? ;)

I have a 8 month old staffordshire/bull mastiff mix (looks like a puggle on steroids), about 53 pounds now. I have 2 cats (1 orange tabby and his sister, a calico). Dog and cats were shelter rescue/adoptions. I have 8 turtles and one of my turles has a pleco fish as his tankmate. My snapping turtle offered to thin out the herd but I didnt take him up on it. Then again he also tried to make a finger sandwich. Made of my fingers. And for the non turtle people, snappers may appear slow but when motivated can strike too quick for comfort.

Full house... empty wallet.

Edited by mianrtcv

My son and I have two cats - Kayla (aka LaLa) is solid black and almost 3 years old. Jay is white with tabby spots and about 10 months. We also have two Betta fish that the cats would love to play with.

I had dogs almost all my life. My last dog, Charlie, lived to be 12 before multiple health problems claimed him. I'd like another dog, but being a busy single parent doesn't give me the free time that a dog deserves.

I also have a Commodore PET, if that counts too. :)

Cato and Cooter. Two awesome cats. Well, the one on the right can be a pain in the butt but he keeps us on our toes! You can see Cooter in action here

post-3314-1240003118_thumb.jpg

Edited by Emehr

There is no option I could vote.

I don't have a pet. I never had a pet. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility I would ever get one.

Added.

Nice, thank you, just voted...

BTW, I would choose a cat.

Edited by Herbarius

I've had a bunch of pets in my life... currently I have 2 dogs one Husky (pure breed) and one Airdale mix. In the past I've had:

frogs, snakes, hamsters, several kinds of fish, iguanas, several kinds of lizards, ferrets *my personal favs*, hermit crabs, tarantulas, mice, rabbits, cats, turtles, crayfish, I once had a lobster.... thats about all I can think of.. most of them all died of natural causes too never for got to feed/water them or clean there cages, some did escape their cages and died like that thou.

Edited by cubejunky

Okay, here goes... 11 dogs, 5 cats, 6 birds, 2 sugar gliders, 3 bunny rabbits, a chinchilla and 2 horses. We started with Ramirez the miniature pinscher in the summer of '92, and he turned 17 this February:

img_7107.jpg

I brought home the first stray about one year later, and our adventure into the world of rescue began. Our family grew quite a bit over the years, with 18 being the most dogs of our own at one time. We've had more than 10 die in the past six years, so as you can imagine we've been through quite a bit. 8 of our 11 dogs are now between the ages of 16 and 18, so there's lots more loss to come.

And that brings us to the horses. Knowing that our animal family is closer to the end than the beginning, we made the decision to adopt a pregnant rescue horse. She came all the way from Canada to Florida just over a year ago, and gave birth in May. They've become internet superstars thanks to their blog at CassidyApril.com. We had 100+ people per night waiting for the baby to be born on our live uStream cam... and of course she finally delivered 15 minutes after it was turned off 12 days into the baby watch.

On top of all that, we also make a living taking care of other people's pets. My wife and I have run a petsitting business for 12 years now, we work every day of the year including holidays and weekends. You go out of town, we come over and feed/potty your furry kids.

Other than that, I don't have much experience with animals. :P

Having a girlfriend working as a head vet tech dosen't help,seeing as we take all the strays,broken,and unwanteds. Currently our list is as short as it's been (as we don't have our 7 ferrets,1 cat(my baby), and recently loosing my favorite dog last week all due to health problems and age).So we now have:

4 dogs (2 cockers,1 cavilier,1 mix), 6 indoor cats, 1 indoor rabbit, 2 blue front amazons(parrots), 1 blue crowned conure (parrot).