IGNORED

2600 4 switch sunnyvale

i have come to the end of the line, or actually just given up trying to find out about a few systems i have. they are quite bizzare in the fact that they are 4 switch woodies with sunnyvale serial number stickers. i do know that there were some made which are stamed "promotianal use only" on the bottom. i have seen them on ebey , but these here have a way lower serial number then those 1 being 22,246, or so another 14,874. which to me sounds pretty fresh? also what is tha most confusing and somehow in my unexperiance mind links these to very early production is that they have the speaker vents like the sixers and light sixers? i have sold one but have been holding on to the others until i find out more, but i am not really interested in keeping them forever since i cant find anyone that can shed light on the time they may have been manufactured?

What is funny, this subject was my first post ever here in 2003.

Deja Vu

did you get any responses?

ok so i went and looked at the responses that you did get, and only thing i can say is it is very doubtfull that the reason they have the sunnyvale is because they are actually 6 switch bottoms? lol from what i can piece together adding the fact of the promo 4 switchs tahe were made in sunnnyvale, they had a small run of these maybe some kind of test? who knows, but seems to me there are plenty of atari "experts" and people that claim they "worked " at atari that there sould be someone that knows. now did yours have the speaker vents in the top also? sometimes people just cant fathom things they cant see so i will send some pics. one of these has the made in sunnyvale serial but seems very primative when compared to other labels, 1 also has no patent yet? so ya dont think they are of no value as compared to others, because they are very rare, guessing that since i am not seeing a load of people jumping in and saying they have one also. the ring around the bezel is gold not orange. and a few other early atari tell tale signs.

Deja Vu

ok so i went and looked at the responses that you did get, and only thing i can say is it is very doubtfull that the reason they have the sunnyvale is because they are actually 6 switch bottoms? lol from what i can piece together adding the fact of the promo 4 switchs tahe were made in sunnnyvale, they had a small run of these maybe some kind of test? who knows, but seems to me there are plenty of atari "experts" and people that claim they "worked " at atari that there sould be someone that knows. now did yours have the speaker vents in the top also? sometimes people just cant fathom things they cant see so i will send some pics. one of these has the made in sunnyvale serial but seems very primative when compared to other labels, 1 also has no patent yet? so ya dont think they are of no value as compared to others, because they are very rare, guessing that since i am not seeing a load of people jumping in and saying they have one also. the ring around the bezel is gold not orange. and a few other early atari tell tale signs.

May we see some pics? :)

Deja Vu

post-23071-1239937744_thumb.jpg

post-23071-1239937774_thumb.jpg

post-23071-1239937812_thumb.jpg

post-23071-1239937896_thumb.jpg

Deja Vu

all branded 708 like yours

Thanks for the pics! I can say I've never seen one like those two before. Nice score!

i actually have more just couldnt get the pictures to load, i did sell one on ebay awhile back with a 582,9980 something really high number 100 bucks with just a few games, but have been hoarding these untill i can find out the history good or bad? lol probably all good though i would think, or hope? lol

post-23071-1239938964_thumb.jpg

post-23071-1239939049_thumb.jpg

post-23071-1239939079_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics! I can say I've never seen one like those two before. Nice score!

i actually have more just couldnt get the pictures to load, i did sell one on ebay awhile back with a 582,9980 something really high number 100 bucks with just a few games, but have been hoarding these untill i can find out the history good or bad? lol probably all good though i would think, or hope? lol

I purchased one 1 1/2 yrs. ago from a Thrift store for $15.00 (no box) just the "Promotional" 4-switcher with cords and 2 joysticks and 7 common games. I researched this as well before selling.

I don't remember where I got my info, but I was told these were used as in-store displays for consumers to play and try-out before they buy. I did notice that the value of these have gone up since I bought mine, though.

btw, I sold the whole lot for about $60.00.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

Edited by prorobb

• 4 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=1728610:date=Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:12 PM:name=vintage-game-systems-plus@)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vintage-game-systems-plus@ @ Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1728610"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1728584:date=Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 PM:name=vintage-game-systems-plus@)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vintage-game-systems-plus@ @ Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1728584"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1728564:date=Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:31 PM:name=vintage-game-systems-plus@)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vintage-game-systems-plus@ @ Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1728564"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1727661:date=Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 PM:name=gamerz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gamerz @ Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1727661"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What is funny, this subject was my first post ever here in 2003.

<a href="http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31554&hl=" target="_self">Deja Vu</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

all branded 708 like yours

hey guys sorry i fell of the tracking i was trying to do. sometimes it just gets old when u dont get anywhere. never the less here is some new info. SEE ROBOTKING ON EBAY HAS 4 SWITCH MANUFACTURED IN SUNNYVALE, 129.00 WOW and a pretty high serial number at that compared to these babies! 3 cheers to garage sales!!!

• 2 months later...

hey guys sorry its been so long. i see there may be a little interest in these? lol anyway whoever had mentioned about them using the 6 switch body for the 4 switch sunny was correct. they have some kind of patch over the switches on the back. absolutly factory as i have over 10 and they are all the same. also yes mr robotking has a couple now , and i find it interesting that he does not mention that fact of the patch? maybe thinks too much info will scare away his buyers. which actually are more like lookers since his prices are up the but and back (and up again)! lol the sixers are worse. what planet is this chap from? anyway so here is what we have. or dont have, no these were not factory recon as those have a sticker on them that say factory ect.. i know i have a searsy that does. no they are not the promo because they dont have the brand. what i would think is they had mastered the change of the top as far as the 4 switch trip was going , and still had a ton ff the bottom of the now failing light six. so throw on the patch (which is not easy to take off i might ad, heated and gluded) and now u have the atari 4 switch woody! made maybe a few thousand here then off to chong bang kong! and the rest is history. that would put the sunnyvale 4 switch idea around 1979, 80 as far as sales. the boards in the sunnys are different then the taiwans.they have usually rev9 when if u check a taiwan it is rev13and up. thats their code for how many times they changed the plan elctronic componant wise. so where are all the atari friken employees at? are their memories gone of this stuff from too many breaktime parties at the old factory? i have about 15 of these which has been a real help in figuring this out. some possibly coming to your town soon!

I purchased one 1 1/2 yrs. ago from a Thrift store for $15.00 (no box) just the "Promotional" 4-switcher with cords and 2 joysticks and 7 common games. I researched this as well before selling.

I don't remember where I got my info, but I was told these were used as in-store displays for consumers to play and try-out before they buy. I did notice that the value of these have gone up since I bought mine, though.

btw, I sold the whole lot for about $60.00.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.