IGNORED

Lode Runner

rxd

Finally a game worth buying on XBLA. Contrary to what was earlier reported this game is only 800 points, not 1200. This game is quite fun in a real old school way. I've never played Lode Runner before, I'm not sure how I missed it completely back in the day. Which systems was this originally on and which version was considered the best? Just curious because I'm so surprised that I never played this game before. Good stuff though...

Contrary to what was earlier reported this game is only 800 points, not 1200.

Last night it was showing as 1200 points.

Well, that figures. I buy the game yesterday morning for 800, praise Microsoft for the price only to find that the price was originally wrong and now it's been "fixed". So yes, it is now indeed 1200. Well, at least I got a bargain....

I tried the demo and really liked it.

But doubt if I'll buy it because I found the difficulty ramp's up pretty quickly for me. As I've stated frequently, I'm not the best gamer in the world but enjoy gaming. I found great difficulty the moment that two robot enemies were added to the map and I decided to take a pass on the game rather than raise my blood pressure.

Great looking and playing game, though. Just wish I was better at it.

Mendon.

The best version of Loderunner is now free: http://www.daggert.net/Folio/Programming/P...Loderunner1.htm

Ever since they started using 3d with Loderunner it hasn't been worth bothering with.

Yeah thats a nice version. I used to have Lode Runner returns on PC and the PS1.

This is a great download.

I may get the XboxLive game but the price is a bit high.

The best version of Loderunner is now free: http://www.daggert.net/Folio/Programming/P...Loderunner1.htm

Ever since they started using 3d with Loderunner it hasn't been worth bothering with.

Yeah thats a nice version. I used to have Lode Runner returns on PC and the PS1.

I believe i had it for the Colecovision back in the day.... or was it Miner 2049er..... nope...

it was Jumpman Jr on the Coleco.... remember that game? anyways....

this is the version of jumpman i've played the most...

the game was never released.. but still damn good..

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...areLabelID=1986

download Handy, the atari lynx emulator and give it a try....

-rick

Two things would have made me buy this.

An 800 MS points price, and the inclusion of the original game.

If they included the original, I'd pay the 1200 points without hesitation. Otherwise, I'll wait until they have a weekly special on it. The only thing I paid more than 800 for was PuzzleQuest, but that was because I knew I would get more than my $15 worth out of it.

I believe i had it for the Colecovision back in the day.... or was it Miner 2049er..... nope...

it was Jumpman Jr on the Coleco.... remember that game? anyways....

this is the version of jumpman i've played the most...

the game was never released.. but still damn good..

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...areLabelID=1986

download Handy, the atari lynx emulator and give it a try....

-rick

That looks great and almost exactly like the original game. Thanks for the link!

• 2 weeks later...
I have the XE version of Lode Runner. Its pretty spot on to the Apple original IIRC but its been so long I could be wrong.

Wow they made this for atari 8-bit computers? it's a cart, right?

I wonder how i missed this back in the day? it must have come out after

i moved on to the ST computers...ohh well...

I hope this lode runner for the 360 goes on sale for 800points.... then i might get it... looks

real good!

-rick

I have the XE version of Lode Runner. Its pretty spot on to the Apple original IIRC but its been so long I could be wrong.

Wow they made this for atari 8-bit computers? it's a cart, right?

I wonder how i missed this back in the day? it must have come out after

i moved on to the ST computers...ohh well...

I hope this lode runner for the 360 goes on sale for 800points.... then i might get it... looks

real good!

-rick

Yep, its a cart. I got mine CIB from Mike at Collectors Cards and Games.

• 3 years later...

Cool I may have to try em' out when I get the chance. I'm not a big fan of the level design of this game to begin with so I like fan made levels a whole lot better. (I feel the devs made many levels too cramped where you die almost constantly if your not quick enough).

At some point I was going to try and recreate some of the levels from the original game but couldnt find any maps\layouts of the original levels.